HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Foods that cause headaches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
morrise
morrise

Foods that cause headaches Empty
PostSubject: Foods that cause headaches   Foods that cause headaches I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:45 pm

My doctor suggested that I see if any food types trigger my headaches. I've discovered over the last few weeks that dairy products make my headaches worse. Straight away I noticed cheese and cut this out about 3 weeks. It was only last weekend when I had cereal that a got a really bad headache I thought of milk and had it the next day and the same thing. I changed to Soya milk since Tuesday and no headaches. Soya milk will take a bit of getting used to!!!. I also cut out sugar awhile back.

So that's sugar & dairy for me so far

Does anyone else find that food types trigger headaches??
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Foods that cause headaches   Foods that cause headaches I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:07 am

Like you it's Dairy which I found out a few years ago, and I had a test which showed that I was intolerant to dairy and maize. Once I cut them down I noticed the difference straight away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Foods that cause headaches   Foods that cause headaches I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:09 pm

They're also linking Vitamin A to IIH..toxicity brings on headaches and they're finding a lot of IIH sufferers have high levels of Vitamin A. Still don't know why, but it would be interesting to try.
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2
BananasMom

PostSubject: Re: Foods that cause headaches   Foods that cause headaches I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 am

I haven't noticed any specific foods that do it ... but for me I do know if I'm eating a lot of high gycemic carb type stuff without enough proteins to balance it out, I will get crashes from that which can trigger headaches. Not sure if that just made any sense or not! :P
Back to top Go down
KEITH GRICE
KEITH GRICE

PostSubject: Re: Foods that cause headaches   Foods that cause headaches I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 6:59 pm

My doctor has told me to cut back on caffeine intake as it will increase headaches. The soft drinks where easy as the Diamox makes them taste awful but cutting back on coffee is really hard.lol2
Back to top Go down
Crg553
Crg553

PostSubject: Re: Foods that cause headaches   Foods that cause headaches I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 10:44 pm

I have done my best to completely cut caffeine out. I've never done so well with dairy, unless it is cooked. I know this may sound strange but I've always gotten killer indigestion from any dairy unless it is cooked in a food. Cheese and yogurt in small doses doesn't ever seem to bother me but I don't eat much of them just because they are a dairy. I LOVE almond milk and have drank it for years. I try to stay away from using sugar in anything except baking or cooking. I don't bake a lot but I do try to always substitute with Stevia as often as possible. I drink a ton of water and am always thirsty. I feel the same as BananasMom, there has to be a balance. I do go through phases that I crave carbs like a madman (madwoman??;)) but I've always been like that. Who doesn't love a big ole bowl of mac n cheese sometimes hahaha!
Take care y'all!
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

PostSubject: Re: Foods that cause headaches   Foods that cause headaches I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 6:45 am

gluten, and anything processed with MSG or "natural flavors".  hot dogs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foods that cause headaches   Foods that cause headaches I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top