HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

pulsatile tinnitus goes away with jaw thrust?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

pulsatile tinnitus goes away with jaw thrust? Empty
PostSubject: pulsatile tinnitus goes away with jaw thrust?   pulsatile tinnitus goes away with jaw thrust? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 6:02 pm

I discovered something important last night.  It might be particular to me and my anatomy, but it might not.  I was laying in bed and I could hear the pulsatile tinnitus.  I thrust my jaw forwards just so that my teeth were together rather than my lowers being 3mm behind my front, and the whooshing was gone.  I pulled my jaw back again and the whooshing returned.  I went into remission with jaw surgery to advance my jaw by 1cm.  Maybe I needed another 3 mm?  I still do have intermittent symptoms but they are 90% better than they were.

the pulsatile tinnitus is the whooshing sound of the turbulent blood in the veins near your ear.  it is a manifestation of the resistance in your veins which leads to the pressure of CSF building up.  reducing that resistance should allow CSF to drain properly, by re-establishing the correct pressure gradient between the CSF and the veins.

If you can hear your pulsatile tinnitus, try this jaw thrust and tell me what happens.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

pulsatile tinnitus goes away with jaw thrust? Empty
PostSubject: Re: pulsatile tinnitus goes away with jaw thrust?   pulsatile tinnitus goes away with jaw thrust? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 8:28 pm

That is interesting. I have been having tinnitus again at night, especially when I'm really tired. I'll try it and let you know. Thanks Deb!
Back to top Go down

pulsatile tinnitus goes away with jaw thrust?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top