HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY Empty
PostSubject: Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY   Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2019 6:16 pm

This is a poll to all registered administrators of our forum.

Heidi has been MIA and has not fixed the problems with the forum.

The forum is dying because no one can post new topics without serious cybergymnastics.

I have discovered there is a way for me to take over as founder, and then I can try to fix the forum so that it can be functional again.  I have seen it be a source of hope for many over the years and I hate to see it die.

I am happy to give the forum back to Heidi whenever she is ready to take it back.  My goal is simply to fix it.

The first step for me to take over as founder is for all administrators to reply to this post giving consent for me to move forward with this plan.  Once all have replied, I can show this thread to forumotion and go to the next step.

Please reply with your vote.
Thanks!

Deb
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2
BananasMom

PostSubject: Re: Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY   Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2019 3:16 am

Having been inactive for many months now, I don't really feel comfortable placing a vote on this issue one way or the other.  I simply haven't been involved here and I don't feel that I have all the information I'd need to vote.  I should be removed from consideration as an admin.  Sorry I can't help more.
Back to top Go down
Laura
Tech Admin
Tech Admin
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY   Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 5:43 pm

I also will not take part in this vote, I have looked at 'issues' many times and talked to forumotion before and there were none. 

I have been inactive as I now have 3 young children and I started doing this when I was 16, I'm now 31. 

Heidi who is also my mother put her everything into this, through surgeries, cancers and losses.

I'm sorry but I won't let you take this forum as new founder when you have founded nothing. Yes you've helped it stay running when you didn't have to but that was your choice.
We could have easily just deleted.

If anyone should run it, it should be Medmisfit and I'd give her the power to do so.

I helped found this forum, build it and design it. Heidi is not the sole founder, just the main one.
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

PostSubject: Re: Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY   Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2020 1:36 am

hi Laura;
I am so glad to hear from you.  I am not trying to take anything from Heidi, I just don't want everything she worked for to fall apart.  I have watched over the last 1-2 years as activity on the forum has declined significantly.  I am the only person approving new members, as Medmisfit is too busy and does not access this through a computer.  She and I PM regularly about anything going on as it has just been the two of us managing things.  I am not working and I can try to fix things if I have authorization to do so.  Any time Heidi wants it back, when she is ready to take over, I would be happy to give it back to her.  But the links need to be fixed and I know she is not able to do this right now.  Maybe she can just go to forumotion and tell them to let me interact with them as her proxy, to fix the links.  that's all I wanted to get accomplished.  But this forum is dying without that fix.  It is very difficult for people to post and so they don't.
Respectfully,
Deb
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY   Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 8:22 pm

I do agree that the forum needs to be fixed, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. I do understand Laura's reservations with the term "founder" because she, Heidi, and others made a lot of sacrifices to set up and manage the forum, but from what I understand the term in this instance is just what forumotion calls the person administering the site.

I'm not very tech savvy and really haven't had the time or access, but I've been in contact with Heidi and know she's been struggling for quite some time. Deb and I have also been keeping in contact and I am willing to help her with the site, but it's not something I feel like I can take on.

I agree with Deb and think it would be a shame to lose all this valuable information. You all were also a much needed source of support for me when the forum was working, so I would like to offer that to others again. I know that Heidi and Laura have previously contacted forumotion about these issues, but nothing seems to be changing and wonder if we do need a representative from the admin team that has the time to advocate for us. Like I said, I am willing to help Deb in hopes that Heidi will eventually feel well enough to return, but I have limited access from my phone and I know nothing about how this all works.

I feel like Heidi, Laura, and the original members should make the final decision, but I think it's time that we either do something to fix it or change it to reference/read only.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY   Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll to Administrators regarding the fate of this forum PLEASE REPLY

View previous topic View next topic Back to top