HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Pain behind eyes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aliviamom11
Aliviamom11

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:23 am

Does anyone get pain behind their eyes?
Sharp stabbing pain behind right eye

Hey, I have been having a sharp stabbing pain behind my right eye. I went to the er and talked to a neurologist and he had nothign to tell me to do. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It makes the right side of my head hurts worse. It feels like a needle is being stuck in it. I hate not knowing. I do have some damage from iih to this eye. Thanks for any help or advice offered. PS. i can't see well so my spelling is wack.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/aliviasmom11
Wylee
Wylee

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:14 am

Marlana, have you been checked by an Ophthalmologist for swollen discs (papilledema)? That is very painful and can cause you to permanently lose your eyesight. That is one thing abouyt having IIH that you need to stay on top of.
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2
BananasMom

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Yes, I agree ... I would get it checked out by an opthamologist. I have papilledema and it does cause pain behind my eyes. Not stabbing so much, but it's more like it hurts when I move them. And definitely does make headaches worse. Is your pain constant or does it come and go?
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:40 pm

I agree. There are so many things that can cause eye pain, it's better to be safe than sorry..especially if you have issues w/ your vision. My eyes constantly ache right now, but I get spasms of pain behind them every now and then..sometimes I wish I could get something in there to press on the back! I do use hot and cold packs..the best thing I've found is a weighted eye pillow. It's just heavy enough to take some pressure off and rest my eyes. I hope you find some relief soon!

Take care,
Julie
Back to top Go down
sinister416

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi Aliviamom11,

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering hug Like the others have suggested I would see a Ophthalmologist as it might be Papilledema.

I hope you find relief and the answer soon xx :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://meandmystruggle.blogspot.com/
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
morrise
morrise

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:59 pm

My eyes are really bad today, they hurt to blink :(. The pain in my head has been consistent for the last 3 days and I've barely slept and my neck is so stiff and sore. I'm going to a and e in the morning I rang my neuro today and he told me to come in. This is the worst I've felt in a long time. I had it bad the last 4 weeks or so, I finally rang in sick today I'd just being forcing myself up everyday hoping it would just get better. Most of the time I wake feeling ok little pain I'll be grand and then it gets worse as the day goes on. But these last few days have not been the same can't sleep with the pain. I just get sick of it I just want to have a normal life!!! Not spending it in bed as soon I get home from work and lazing around at the weekends. I'm just having a bad day and need a rant!!!

Thanks for listening x
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:25 am

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well hug, I hope your Neurologist manages to give you some relief, and it sounds like maybe you'll be having an LP. Remember you can always rant away here, and we will always listen. Keep us updated on how you get on. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well as will all our members.

HeidiPain behind eyes 596578
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
morrise
morrise

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:17 am

I had an LP done yesterday, my pressure was 42 they drained a good bit so head was feeling alot better after it. I have to up my meds to 4 from 2 day a day. Although today I have the low pressure headache but that will settle done in a day or two. My right eye is still blurry so have to get a series of eye tests on Thursday to be sure there is no damage. So hopefully all be well in the coming days.

Thanks again for your support Smile xx
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Glad you're feeling better after the LP hug and my fingers are crossed that the low pressure headache doesn't last too long for you or get worse. Hopefully the blurring might not last once everything has settled, and again my fingers are crossed that no damage has been done to your optic nerve.

Looking forward to you posting that things are settled and your right eye has gone back to normal.

HeidiPain behind eyes 596578
Back to top Go down
Aliviamom11
Aliviamom11

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:23 am

Hey so sorry I haven't been on. I have busy lots of family issues. I went to the eye dr and he told me the same thing that there is a little bit of damage to my right eye. I may have gaucoma secondary to iih. we he t wi tl fte surgery to tell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/aliviasmom11
morrise
morrise

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:55 am

Hi, meant to write an update on eye test over a week ago. All went well and sight is all good Very Happy . I haven't had any blurry vision in over a week. I was on 1000g of diamox a day 3 weeks ago but reduced it to 3 on Wednesday and my eyes are still good. Also less side effects of the diamox which I like as I can start tp taste food properly again. Still up and down days with the headaches but its all a matter of coping with them. I am finding certain foods do make my headaches worse - anything with sugar& cheese(which i love and ate way to much off) gave up on the fizzy drinks awhile back cause they taste awful!! so avoiding them for now and see if I can find anything else that makes them worse.
I'm back to work on Thursday after 3 weeks off so hopefully all goes well nervous.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 2:15 pm

I'm so pleased you vision has improved because I know how worrying that can be. hug The fact that you are now able to see what makes them worse and what to avoid, is a good way of adapting and coping with the headaches. The more things you do this with the easier life will become. The same thing will apply at work adapt and pace yourself and remember post it notes or a notepad, they are a great tool at work to help you remember things and to also prioritise tasks.

When you go back to work make sure you inform everyone about your IIH, and about the appointments you will have to have in future, especially what will happen if you have an LP. The more they know the more they will understand when you have bad days or time off.

Here are the things you need to print off Information You Need to Give an Employer and Others When you Have IIH

Lumbar Punctures
Post–Lumbar Puncture and Other Low–Pressure Headaches
Back to top Go down
morrise
morrise

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 3:18 pm

thank you xxxx
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:18 am

That is great news! I'm so glad things have improved. I'm sure work will be fine if you pace yourself..good luck!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pain behind eyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain behind eyes   Pain behind eyes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pain behind eyes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top