HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wylee
Wylee

Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:01 am

I heard the Doctor who had helped me 3 years ago on a radio program describing what he uses for his patients as pain meds. Since many of his patients are Truck Drivers, finding a non narcotic medication was imperitive. He uses OVER THE COUNTER:
TWO 500 MG Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and TWO Advil (Ibuprofen) Liquid Gels Caps. Taken together, these two meds compliment each other and produce a pain med equivalent to 7.5 mg. Hydrocodone, but is NON-ADDICTING. The meds can be taken once every twelve (12) hours. I have used these many times, and it does work!
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:39 am

Has anyone tried this?
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:39 pm

I have to admit I don't have that combo, but I do take several pain medications, and they are staggered through the day so that I am on top of the pain and this works really well for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2
BananasMom

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Never tried it, but thanks for sharing the info! Smile I'm keeping it in mind for the next time I have the need, because I definitely prefer non-narcotic, non-sedating alternatives.
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm trying it now, will let everyone know.
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:19 pm

It's working! Here's to hoping it lasts long enough to get me through work today.
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:18 am

Great news, Becky!! So glad to hear that it's working for you, too. I use it now anytime I get one of my nasty headaches. It has worked each and every time for me too.

Dr. John was on the radio this morning, again talking about the synergistic effect the combo of meds have on each other. I don't take my Hydrocodone any more. And that is the whole idea of this. Get away from the narcotic drugs.

Let us know how it goes, Becky.
Back to top Go down
hunterofangels
hunterofangels

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:15 am

I am going to attempt this method. Mainly, because I have liver/kidney issues, and my narcotics make me frightened because I am scared of doing more damage than temporary good. But let's face it, no drugs would be a far better solution, however, it's not the case when you deal with as much pain as most of us do. I prefer the idea of non-narcotic far better any day. Thank you, for posting this, and once I am done attempting this, I will relay if it had any effect with me at all. I have had so much pain in my back from all the surgeries that any relief is better than none.

<3 C
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:54 am

I made it thru work! By bedtime my headache was building back, but I was able to go to sleep without taking another dose.
Back to top Go down
Amberly
Amberly

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:34 pm

I tried this combination in the days before I was diagnosed with IIh. We thought I was just having the mother of all migraines at first. A friend of mine has a daughter with migraines and her doctor recommended this method so I tried and it did not work for me. That could be because that headache was from fluid build up on brain!
I am glad you suggested this. I will have to try it again.
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Just a reminder, it has to be the GEL CAPS for some reason. And the pills are taken all together - no big time lapse between. I think my headaches are still pressure related, getting it in the same spot on top of my head. Let us all know Amberly if you decide to try the combo again how it goes.
Betsy, so glad it helped you get through the work day!

Having "alternatives" is always helpful, so don't forget to share what y'all have found that works!
Back to top Go down
Amberly
Amberly

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:24 am

GEl CAPS!!!!! I did not know that part! I knew they had to be taken all together but not that they had to be Gel caps. GREAT! I have been having trouble with my iih again. I always get a halo feeling on top of my head that hurts. I wasn't sure if that was just me or if everyone had some similar symptoms like that. I will let you know if I try this method again.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
morrise
morrise

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:15 pm

I tried this about 2 hours ago and it has worked for me Smile. I only seen this forum this morning I was looking through all the forums cause I'm having a bad time with my iih all week and was hoping there would be something that could help me. This is the first time I have had some relief in 10 days!! I've never had the headaches so bad for so long without a break....

Thanks for the suggestions and thank you for this forum it has really helped me with any questions that I have had and information that I have found xxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:01 am

Morrise, so glad that it has helped!!

cheer
Back to top Go down
hunterofangels
hunterofangels

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:58 pm

This has helped me! And I love that it's not a narcotic type drug! Thank you for this!
Back to top Go down
skinnerjenna
skinnerjenna

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:52 am

Does anyone get bounce back headaches after taking this mix? I also have kidney problems and several vitamin deficiencies (B12, D and iron) and taking too many ibuprophen/tylenol etc can be really bad for your organs. I am on Diamox and hydrocodone-acetameniphen, but looking for other options. I also hate taking opiates so I just live with the pain and have only taken 3 of the pain meds in 3 weeks.

I am just not sure how much longer I can drive or work.
Back to top Go down
hunterofangels
hunterofangels

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:00 am

Dear Jenna,

In all honesty, I have so much head pain anymore, even with my LP shunt... I can't make the difference between a bounce back headache and a barometric headache, stress headache... it all just blends together for me, like the days. I have more pain, than I do, pain free. While I appreciate the days without pain, I don't remember them, because they are just a blur. I've got liver and kidney damage from an OD when I was a teen, and years on pain killers. Opiates, I can't stand anymore. They rarely work, and I hate having a fuzzied mind. I, too, have a prescription for the hydrocodone-acetaminophen...but it doesn't hold the same intensity in relief as it once did. Nothing does. Like taking Benadryl [basically] as a sleep med, because they won't give me something else... it's lost it's potency. But there are many ways that I look at my situation. It's about quality. Would I rather still be in immense pain and curled into a ball for the rest of the day, or take another whack at my kidneys for just a few moments of painless bliss? Sadly, in our worlds... the options are always seeming to be damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's not fair... but it's what we've got. And when life hands you lemons... invite friends with vodka and make lemonade!

-winks-

Crissy
Back to top Go down
skinnerjenna
skinnerjenna

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:24 am

Agree Crissy! My new normal is constant pain, but on the really bad days the hydrocodone is more like a muscle relaxant, but doesn't even touch the headaches. But I have been clenching my jaw and the hydrocodone makes that relax, then my neck, then my ears pop, that feels awesome. I will take any improvement!
You gotta do what you gotta do, and I respect your choice. I worry all the time and that is why I ask.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Jenna,

It's my understanding that the combo is supposed to help reduce the risk of rebound headaches. It's a non- addicting option and should do less damage than opiates/narcotics. The pharmacist may be able to answer some of your questions, but they may just recommend you check w/ your doctor before making any changes.

It really seems to be working for some members, so may be worth looking into. Good luck!

Take care,
Julie
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 4:33 am

I find that the narcotics make it difficult for me to pee. Feels like I gotta go, but nothing happens. I DO NOT have that problem using this mix. I use "nerve pain meds" on a daily basis (for post herpetic neuralgia), which seems to help my other pains too. When I need something more, for those days like Crissy said, rather than go to bed with the covers over my head, I take the Advil/Tylenol combo and get relief.

Do check with your Docs about taking these, especially if you already have kidney damage. I know with taking Diamox we have to be careful because that is also known to do a number on them, and then add pain meds on top of that, ugh!!
Back to top Go down
Aliviamom11
Aliviamom11

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:12 am

I tried the mix and it does nothign for me. I only get relief from dilaudid and phenergan so I can sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/aliviasmom11
Betsy
Betsy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:32 am

I have used the combo a couple of times now and it has worked well. I haven't had a painfree day in a couple of years, but I am happy with a level where I can function, but not be zonked by the narcotics.
Back to top Go down
Crg553
Crg553

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 8:16 pm

I see that this post hasn't had any activity for some time, but I have been using this but using 3 Advil  and 2 Tylenol with great luck. I actually used this medication combination after my hysterectomy so that I wouldn't be taking a narcotic. Plus cost wise, OTC medication is lot easier to handle ;)
I did speak with our pharmacist about this combination and he says that it isn't something you should take full time or often, which I replied, Headaches are 24/7 but I don't NEED pain relief 24/7!
Have a great day all!
Take Care!
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 1:33 am

I can no longer use this combination because I had to switch to a BP med that doesn'the allow me to take ibuprophen, but it was a great alternative for several years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS    Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo?  IT WORKS  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried Pain Med Combo? IT WORKS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top