HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Neurological Appointment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sinister416

Neurological Appointment Empty
PostSubject: Neurological Appointment   Neurological Appointment I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:24 pm

:hello: Everyone!

Had my neuro appointment today and neuro was definitely in a good mood because of the fact his leaving the hospital so I won't be seeing him again! His put me on Topamax and is giving my GP direction on a pain killer that won't affect my IH. His said there is pressure behind my eyes but not worried enough to warrant a LP so soon after my last one but that I can phone up at any time and they will get me into day surgery for a LP.

But the BIGGEST SURPRISE WAS THE APOLOGY! He actually (in not so many words) apologized to be for the fact that all of last year they kept fobbing me off and nearly missed the dignosis of IH and I nearly lost my eye sight and the fact he was rude and just thought I was a benefit cheat! I mean WOW! The fact that he had to eat his words was enough for me but an apology? Just hope the next neuro is good and nice! dance
Back to top Go down
http://meandmystruggle.blogspot.com/
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Neurological Appointment   Neurological Appointment I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Wow. Makes you wonder if he was so apologetic only because he knew he wouldn't have to deal with you again or if he really felt remorse. I hope it was the latter.
Be careful on the Topamax. I was taking Zonisamide, a close relative, and it made me dopey. I have heard that Topamax is even worse, sometimes. Are you taking or have you tried Diamox? That is the "usual" med of choice to help keep the pressure down. I would think some kind of diuretic would be beneficial.
I hope the next neuro actually understands IH and takes interest in your case!
Back to top Go down
sinister416

PostSubject: Re: Neurological Appointment   Neurological Appointment I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 6:23 pm

thank you I'm hoping he felt remorse. I was on Diamox but I couldn't handle them they made me so sick. He said it can make you tired, I'm starting off with 25mg once a day for the first 7 days then twice a day from then on.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Neurological Appointment   Neurological Appointment I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:57 pm

The apology is awesome..sincere or not, at least you were finally validated!!! You might want to check IHRF to see if they know of a neurologist in your area or see if the referral you're given is listed..hopefully avoid problems in the future =]

So, did the neurologist think your leaking eyes and lump were just increased pressure? Did he order any diagnostics or just hoping the Topamax will take care of it?? I think I'm glad you have an upcoming appointment w/ your primary physician. I hope you're feeling better soon, but please follow up immediately on any changes..I'm just afraid he's slacking off because he's leaving..lol.

Take care, and definitely keep us posted!
Julie
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Neurological Appointment   Neurological Appointment I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:04 pm

That is just fantastic!! How often does that happen, like only never.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]I am so pleased for you because you were treated so badly, and to then have an appointment with this result is like the icing on the cake. I hope he felt like a right idiot and hung his head in shame lol! hugs
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
sinister416

PostSubject: Re: Neurological Appointment   Neurological Appointment I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 pm

medmisfit
I think he was just going see if the Topamax clears the pressure behind my eye and with the lump wants me to see my GP and ask him if its an infection or anything. I don't think he wanted to commit to doing anything as his leaving he'll properly just leave it all down to the neurologist I'll see.

Thank you Heidi! I hope he thinks twice before judging someone again. Innocent till proven guilty!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neurological Appointment   Neurological Appointment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neurological Appointment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top