HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charlie
Charlie

I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday. Empty
PostSubject: I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday.   I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday. I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:18 pm

I saw an opthalmologist yesterday it was a good chance for me to ask a whole heap of questions about my eyes. I mainly wanted to know if the damage to my eyes is permanent.

Well as I guessed unfortunately it is, I'm stuck with my 'puffa fish' in my left eye and the double vision in my perifial vision. I do however still feel gratefull that I can see at all. At one point when I was diagnosed I was fast going blind.

They want to see me again in two months. And they want some of those photos of the inside of my eyes done in the next few weeks. Only this time they want close ups of the damage done to my optic nerve so I'll be having the eye drops to dilate my pupils first. Lovely!! :shock: or perhaps it should be :cyclops: or :pirat: :lol!: sorry silly me!!!
Back to top Go down
Titch
Titch

PostSubject: Re: I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday.   I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday. I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Hello Charlei,

Well at least you got a chance to ask all your questions. I always think its better to know the truth even if it means its not as good as you would like it to be.

At least now you know where you stand, & as you say you have managed to save your sight. :flower:
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday.   I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday. I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:58 pm

I know it must have been a shock that the damage is permanent, but as time goes on you will be so used to it, that you wont infact notice it so much. I know when they first told me my floaters were permanent, I felt gutted at the time, but then I got used to them, and then later, again when I lost both my peripheral vision and depth perception. I've found that I've adapted so well that I only need to use my white stick in unfamiliar places. So don't let it get you down, because you've gone through such alot and come out the other side (hugs) ☀
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Charlie
Charlie

PostSubject: Re: I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday.   I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday. I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:03 pm

They said the depth perception that is damaged is also permamnent (worse on the left) also the periphial vision is now permanently double. :shock: :shock:

Somehow though as you said Heidi I'm getting used to it alreay. Very Happy

Off to see my surgeon on Monday!!

Then we are going on a family holiday on Thursday!! Hurrah!! :flower: lets hope for lots of.. ☀ ☀ ☀ !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday.   I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I had an opthalmologist appointment yesterday.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top