HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Getting a shunt in the near future is the plan for me...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChicasMomma

Getting a shunt in the near future is the plan for me... Empty
PostSubject: Getting a shunt in the near future is the plan for me...   Getting a shunt in the near future is the plan for me... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:56 pm

So yesterday I met with my Nero-Opthamologist and let him know that I am still not doing well with the diamox. I've told him time and time before, but he just kept putting me on a higher dose of diamox. My Nerologist also said that I shouldn't be on the diamox and that I should get a shunt., but he didn't care to listen to him. Right now my vision is only being effected when I first get up in the morning, but my headaches are getting worse and lasting longer and along with feeling like a zombie and being so weak from the diamox we presume, my Nero-Opthamologist decide that the next step for me would be a shunt and he suggests a vp shunt and I agree.

So i won't be meeting my new Nerologist till nov 29th so I have to wait till then to plan for my shunt surgery. I guess I've delt with IH for this long I can hold out awhile longer. My vision is not being effected to bad right now, but the headaches are getting worse. The only thing that will speed everything up is if my vision starts getting worse or I do too or both.

I'm scared, nervous, a little relieved and hopeful

Thanks for listening

:flower:
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Getting a shunt in the near future is the plan for me...   Getting a shunt in the near future is the plan for me... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 pm

So glad that plans are moving right along for you. If you do start feeling worse, contact your docs for help. Your appt is over a month away and then there will be planning time to set up the surgery, assuming he agrees to it too.

Hope the time speeds right by with little discomfort.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Getting a shunt in the near future is the plan for me...   Getting a shunt in the near future is the plan for me... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:39 pm

Yeah, it seems like IIH is a lot of hurry up and wait..at least they're finally getting you started in the process! I'd definitely contact them w/ any changes..hang in there!!!

hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a shunt in the near future is the plan for me...   Getting a shunt in the near future is the plan for me... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting a shunt in the near future is the plan for me...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top