HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Iri
Iri

Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011   Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi

I´m from spain, i don´t speak enghlish very well, sorry if i say something wrong.

here my case:

In dicember of 2010 I started blurring the right eye for a few seconds to get up. One day I saw black, and I was rushed to an ophthalmologist. He told me I had swollen optic nerve.
They sent me to the ER, but thought he had another eye disease, was prescribed cortisone and left the next day the plant to get a campometría ophthalmology. Another doctor realized what could be and sent me back to emergency for me to do a CT scan and lumbar puncture.
The TAC went well, but coincidentally I had bad flu and I was breathing, I had a chest plate and had pneumonia, so I admitted to intensive care with respiratory failure.
I spent about 15 days inthe hospital, and doctors were thinking it was optic neuritis, kept giving me cortisone.
when I was a revision of the Food eye ophthalmology plant did not understand why I had the puncture.

they gave me time with neurology for lumbar puncture.
and effectively if it had pseudotumor cerebri, my pressure was 28.
I was prescribed diuretics, and have been revised with the ophthalmologist, the 1 revision had papilledema improved somewhat in the second review had deteriorated a bit, so she sent me that I review the neurologists.
last week I went to the last revision to the ophthalmologist and she was stunned because the optic nerve inflammation had almost disappeared.
The next day I went to the neurologist and I will review in 3 months.

In my case I believe that pseudotumor cerebri is caused by obesity, since January I've lost about 12 kilos and they believe that I've improved.

I have also had other symptoms, pain behind the eyes, pressure in right ear, headache, photosensitivity, I dislike loud noises, stiff neck.

More or less this is the summary of my experience, just another day story details.
Much encouragement to everyone.

Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011 606453 Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011 57498
Back to top Go down
http://pseudotumorcerebri.foroactivo.com/
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011   Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Wow..it sounds like you've had quite an experience! So sorry to hear you were so sick, but glad you've been able to find some relief. Some doctors believe weight is an issue, but I think you'll find that everyone's story is different. It's always better to maintain a healthy weight, but you may find you're just responding the the diuretics. Whatever the case, I hope you continue to improve! Take care..

Julie
Back to top Go down
Iri
Iri

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011   Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:00 pm

thanks Smile
now I find myself pretty well
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011   Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Iri, I'm so glad you joined us, hug. You have been through quite a lot and it is good to know that you are now doing well, and that there is improvement. I hope that it means you are on your way to remission, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that that will happen for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Iri
Iri

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011   Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:33 pm

thank you Heidi ;)
we have to help each other where we can thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011   Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri in January 2011

View previous topic View next topic Back to top