HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Stent

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chelsea Fortress

Chelsea Fortress

Stent  Empty
PostSubject: Stent    Stent  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 3:47 am

Hi there.

Do you have a stent? Does it help? What was the procedure & recovery like? 

My neurosurgeon is looking into the stent option for me as he still wants the shunt to be the last possible option, which I agree with but good gosh I am cranky and sore, I am ready for this IIH adventure to no longer be a thing. 

Stenting looks to be a 'newer?' sort of procedure from what I can see from the internet. So I do not really have much information and my neuro wants me to do ANOTHER MRI for reference. I keep doing these MRI's and they keep telling me they look the same so I dunno what a fifth one is going to do. 

Anyway, as always, I am just looking for some personal insight. 

Thank you! 
Chels
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Stent  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stent    Stent  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 2:41 pm

I'm so sorry Chelsea, I didn't realize it had been so long since I checked our posts! I don't have any information about the stents because it is fairly new and was not an option when I started my treatment journey. How are you feeling now?
Back to top Go down
Ana Z

Ana Z

Stent  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stent    Stent  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 12:01 am

Hi Chels
I am going through the same. My neurosurgeon refereed me to a neuro-vascular surgeon. And they both agree it is the best option. I asked for second opinion and that surgeon agreed as well. I was able to get a couple of published research articles and after reading them I’m certain that a stent is a better option for me than a shunt. Unfortunately it’s just raw data. Like you would really like to know the personal part of it. Is it worth the risk. So hopefully someone can answer us both.
I have an appointment August 30th just go over the surgery. And the idea is to set a date in September.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Stent  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stent    Stent  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 4:06 pm

If you use the search icon at the top of the page, you can search "stent" in topics to pull up some information that others have shared.

I know that IHRF also had info regarding stents and opportunities to ask questions, so I'm wondering if they would know of others. You can find them at ihrfoundation.org.

Let us know if you find anything helpful, and good luck!

Take care,
Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stent  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stent    Stent  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stent

View previous topic View next topic Back to top