HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Hair Loss

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chelsea Fortress

Chelsea Fortress

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Hair Loss   Hair Loss I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 11:21 am

Good evening!

I thought i'd touch base and see if anyone else has or is experiencing hair loss? 

I understand that the medications Diamox, Verapamil & Endep which I am all currently on have a side effect of possible hair loss. Perhaps it's also the stress of being unwell currently but I have slowly and surely been losing my hair for the last few months, with it currently falling out in chunks. 

There is nothing worse then feeling like crap then having the concern that you may also look like crap! 

In the scope of things, there's far more worrisome things that someone with IIH has to deal with but i'd love to know if this is common. 

Perhaps its time to shave it off & get a wig! I've always wondered what i'd look like as a blonde. 

Thanks,
Chelsea.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi Chelsea! My hair got very brittle and started falling out when I was taking Diamox with Lasix. I ended up cutting it very short and my head felt like a brillo pad. I also lost all my curl..it was so stiff and straight that it poked me when I laid on it..lol. I would definitely talk to your physician because the medications can cause vitamin deficiencies and other issues that could also contribute to the hair loss. They should be monitoring with blood work to make sure you're getting all the potassium, iron, etc that you need because the diuretics can wash them out of your system. I hope that helps!

Take care,
Julie
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 7:42 am

I have had IIH symptoms on and off since 2001, but in 2009 I really crashed.  I had chronic nausea and went on weird diets because I didn't know what was wrong with me.  During that time I lost 40 lb and half of my hair fell out.  when it grew back it was frizzy, unlike before.  I always thought the hair loss was due to inadequate protein in the diet I was on.  but it did happen at the onset of my worst bout with IIH, which was not diagnosed until 2.5 years later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hair Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hair Loss

View previous topic View next topic Back to top