HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

New finding with my pulsatile tinnitus, new test ordered - anyone heard of this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

New finding with my pulsatile tinnitus, new test ordered - anyone heard of this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New finding with my pulsatile tinnitus, new test ordered - anyone heard of this?   New finding with my pulsatile tinnitus, new test ordered - anyone heard of this? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 9:46 pm

MRA is used to look at blood vessels, so my best guess is he's looking for obstruction, narrowing, or something to explain the noise he heard. These things can increase pressure (which can affect IIH symptoms), so he may also just be looking to rule them out.

If I remember right, MRA is basically just a MRI with contrast..at least that's the way it seems.

I hope that helps!
Take care, and keep us posted..
hug
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2
BananasMom

New finding with my pulsatile tinnitus, new test ordered - anyone heard of this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New finding with my pulsatile tinnitus, new test ordered - anyone heard of this?   New finding with my pulsatile tinnitus, new test ordered - anyone heard of this? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Thank you.  Yes, he did say it would be like basically an MRI with contrast that would show the carotid artery and the arteries in my neck.  I have the study next week and the follow up the week after that, so he's apparently not urgently concerned about it.  I'll keep you guys posted.
Back to top Go down

New finding with my pulsatile tinnitus, new test ordered - anyone heard of this?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top