HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

How would you describe your tinnitus?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IdaSerafiina
IdaSerafiina

How would you describe your tinnitus? Empty
PostSubject: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:59 pm

IIH and tinnitus

Especially if you have a pulse synchronous tinnitus,I am very puzzled about this symptom. Mine is best described as kind of a wavy humming noise (that is constantly there), I can also here my heartbeat (and see it too) when I do something strenuous or bend over etc.

What do you hear?
Back to top Go down
IdaSerafiina
IdaSerafiina

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Here = hear.

(Sorry for that)

:hello:
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:22 pm

It sounds like a whooshing and sometimes like a pulse, but I also get high pitched ringing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
IdaSerafiina
IdaSerafiina

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Heidi; I also get that high pitched ringing noise occationnally, but it's not constant with me. Do you hear it all the time?
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:54 pm

I don't thankfully. It will just come on suddenly every so often and can last for a few seconds up to 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:59 am

I have an almost constant buzzing(humming) sound. I do occasionally get a really loud high pitched tone that comes on suddenly. I also have the pulsing in my hearing and vision when I bend over or strain lifting things. Over the last several years I've learned to deal with it for the most part, but sometimes symptoms will catch me off guard.
Back to top Go down
Babby
Babby

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:47 pm

I have constant ringing, frequent pulsing, and at times, it sounds like a whole platoon of soldiers are marching through my head. This has been loud enough that I thought it was something outside of my house, but my dog Zoey didn't move or bark, so I know it is only me that hears it.
Back to top Go down
Sammie
Sammie

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:45 am

Ocean waves/heartbeat :(
Back to top Go down
IdaSerafiina
IdaSerafiina

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences on this with me (and the others), it has been very interesting to read these replies - and it helps a lot to hear that you are not the only one who is dealing with this daily.

for you
Back to top Go down
lillybug0324
lillybug0324

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 6:00 pm

mine sounds like ocean waves and a heartbeat I call it the "Andrea" ocean in my head.. trying too be funny about it...
Back to top Go down
seasprite
seasprite

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:14 pm

Mine sounds like a very high pitched ringing (all the time), plus a kind of click-whoosh in time with my heart if I'm in a quiet room or if I cover my ears.
Back to top Go down
laurabell
laurabell

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:21 am

Mine sounds like the inside of the seashell, or the ocean, I also get the high pitched ringing that is really loud. Am I always going to have this? I got diagnosed in Dec of 10'. Just wondering if anyone else has this annoying sound that hasn't gone away? Help
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:03 pm

It is nice to hear that some of these issues are related to IH and not JUST in my head. I've had IH for quite awhile now and I guess the tinnitus has changed. I used to get the full wooshing sound of the waves, which is all the doctor's seem to recognize. I didn't realize the humming, heartbeat, and occasional squeal was apart of the same beast. Sometimes my ears even feel like they've popped, but I can't unpop them..that one can be irritating. I have a lot of ear pain w/ mine too..does anyone experience that? Luckily, it all comes and goes at this point, so it's tolerable..it's amazing what we get used to, isn't it??

Julie
Back to top Go down
bozzykinz
bozzykinz

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:32 pm

I have the high pitched ringing and a shhhhhh noise along with it. It gets louder if I clench my teeth!!! When I do something strenuous or bend it gets louder and pulsates. Sometimes an ear will suddenly feel likke it's been blocked and another louder high pitched noise comes.... like when the chanel on the tv has gone off in the olden days lol. This lasts about 10 seconds ish though. The tinnitus never goes away... it keeps me awake at night!! I swear I will go mad 1 day!! I think waxy ears doesn't help either!! lol
Back to top Go down
Tinytawny7
Tinytawny7

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 4:48 am

Mine sounds like a heartbeat from a sonogram. It's constant and gets louder during flare ups and physically activity.
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:40 pm

My tinnitus is the high pitched constant ringing. It has stopped only during the few times my IH pressure has been brought down. Other than those blissful times, it has been non-stop for almost 3 and 1/2 years. I used to listen to a sound machine to fall asleep. Don't need it anymore, I have gotten used to it. In fact, I have been hearing the tinnitus in stereo for quite a few months now. That started after my first lp. But, after the lumbar drain test I had in June, I now also have what sounds like a bathtub draining. It is not rhythmic at all. Really is deep pitched too. I was wondering if that could be a "low pressure" sound?
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:34 am

I can't say I ever noticed the change in my tinnitus with low pressure, it seems to be either a high pitched whistling or sporadic bleeps. It woulod be interesting though to see if other members have something similar to what you're experiencing. hug
Back to top Go down
JoJo123
JoJo123

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:00 am

Hi,

I notice that I have a variable whooshing sound to my heartbeat, that can become very loud when my pressure is high. Sometimes I get a kind of mechanical sound as if you can really hear the cogs turning or there is a hamster on a wheel in my head. The other day I thought there was a problem with the sound on my TV, and only after turning it off, It was in fact me! I get high pitched ringing and occasionally if the pressure is high I notice I find it hard to hear with all that noise going on in my head competing with other sounds.

It's a bit of a relief to see i'm not alone in this and reading your comments as it can be very frightening at times.

Kind regards,
Jo x Smile
Back to top Go down
lillith98
lillith98

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:40 pm

I have a low "whooshing" sound constantly in my right ear. It sounds as though somebody is blowing directly into my ear and each heartbeat makes a slightly louder sound. It's becoming increasingly difficult to hear normal conversation over the noise, even when somebody is standing right next to me.

I can't sleep because of the noise and nothing seems to allieviate it. I try to have some low background noise on so that I can get to sleep, but I'm one of these people that can't sleep if I can hear a dripping tap or a ticking clock!

I would describe is mostly as an irritating, low "whooshing" sound that interferes with everyday life :(
Back to top Go down
Amberly
Amberly

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:13 am

I hear a low humming noise most of the time and sometimes it gets loud. Other times like right now I hear it like the beat of my heart. I get a loud ringing in my ears once in awhile. When my pressure was at its highest it was the worst thing ever. If i started to walk it would get louder and louder turn into a loud whooshing and turn up every noise around you to the point I thought my eardrums would explode!
Back to top Go down
skinnerjenna
skinnerjenna

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 1:40 am

Most of the time I just can't hear very well, but I get both the low vibrating and the high pitched. There is a noise in my neighborhood, especially when the power goes out, that drives me mad. I think I am going to have to go stay at a hotel. It must be a diesel engine warming up, or a generator. It makes the whole back of my head vibrate.
Back to top Go down
Aliviamom11
Aliviamom11

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:15 am

I do not hear very well at times. I do have a wooshing like my heartbeaat, but on really bad days I have a high pitched mechanical sound. I have described this to my doctors. They tell me its just the condition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/aliviasmom11
MrsWIshyWash
MrsWIshyWash

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:37 pm

My tinnitus is driving me mad! I would describe mine as a low whoosing sound which gets louder if I am doing anything too strenuous. At other tomes it is a pulsating sensation in time with my heartbeat which makes a rushing sound.

I think I noticed this more since starting on Diamox - is this the same for anything else or is it just a coincidence?
Back to top Go down
MarkyMark
MarkyMark

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

I have two types. One is a constant high-pitched "army of cicadas" that changes volume every now and then. I usually cannot hear it except at night, when the background noise is lower. The second type is a single tone in my right ear that seems to be related to pressure (CSF or blood). In the morning, the tone is sometimes loud enough to hear and will increase in volume if I yawn, for instance. As the day progresses, the tone goes away.
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:19 am

I love your "army of cicades" description, that fits the tinnitus I have almost continually. I also get the whooshing, thumping pulsitile tinnitus.
Back to top Go down
jdpenny
jdpenny

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:06 pm

The sound in my ears sounds different to what others have described. Mine sounds like either a single tone or humming similar to the sound the tv makes when the network is trying to get your attention  like the broadcasting alarm system or I will hear ringing like my cell phone is ringing or vibrating out loud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you describe your tinnitus?   How would you describe your tinnitus? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top