HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Lp shunt - pain in side

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
morrise
morrise

Lp shunt - pain in side Empty
PostSubject: Lp shunt - pain in side   Lp shunt - pain in side I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:53 am

I had my LP shunt done nearly 15 weeks ago and all has been going great until yesterday.  My right side is a bit swollen but very sore to touch.  Its like a really tight muscle and feels bruised - best way I can describe it.  Have a bit of low pressure headache since yesterday also.  I'll probably give a few more days before I ring my doc.  I'm just wondering if this is a sign that there is something wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Lp shunt - pain in side   Lp shunt - pain in side I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 2:45 pm

It could be a sign that there is some leaking (low pressure) or catheter is coiling (high pressure). It also could be a sign that you over did it or facia/connective tissue is knotting up. I would go ahead and contact the surgeon since it's only been a few months..better to be safe than sorry!

Take care and please keep us posted!
Julie
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Lp shunt - pain in side   Lp shunt - pain in side I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 6:44 pm

I agree with Julie. It could be that the end has worked loose and the fluid is leaking into your tissue, that's happened to me a couple of times. It's something that need seeing to as soon as possible just to be on the safe side. Give your Neurosurgeon a ring and make sure you get seen. LEt us know how you get on in. Fingers crossed for you. hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
morrise
morrise

PostSubject: Re: Lp shunt - pain in side   Lp shunt - pain in side I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:27 pm

Been in A & E all day, go back tomorrow to get an LP & ultra sound on stomach.  Only dealing with A & E docs who are not too sure about the condition.  Nuerology won't admit me till all tests have been done, very frustrating since I had the op there and I feel the A & E docs don't have a clue about the condition!!  Will keep you updated
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Lp shunt - pain in side   Lp shunt - pain in side I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:31 pm

I'm so sorry to hear it, but hopefully they'll get you to neuro quickly!

Take care!!!
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Lp shunt - pain in side   Lp shunt - pain in side I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:21 am

So sorry to hear that you are in pain.  
How are you doing today?  What did the lp reveal?  Is your pressure low, high or "normal"?  
I hope the docs come up with a plan to get you better quick!
Back to top Go down
morrise
morrise

PostSubject: Re: Lp shunt - pain in side   Lp shunt - pain in side I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 10:33 pm

All sorted, got emergency surgery yesterday.  Shunt popped out of my stomach.  Unfortunately when they opened me up they couldn't find the tube so had to open my back up and pull it out that way,  All fixed now.  Have to say when I woke up I was in alot of pain, never felt anything like it.  My muscles were in spasms but after alot of morphine and muscle relaxers its eased.  Feel alot better today just stiff and sore from the incisions.  Home a few hours.  My head feels great again.  Have no regrets about my shunt cause I know it works for me.  Just a little blip but they were very quick to fix it so very happy with how good they were.  Will be feeling good soon again.
Thanks again for all your support xxxx
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Lp shunt - pain in side   Lp shunt - pain in side I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 4:24 am

What a lucky gal you are!!  get well
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Lp shunt - pain in side   Lp shunt - pain in side I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 5:43 pm

So pleased it was sorted and that you are back home and on the mend. I agree with it being a blip, and I love that you are as positive and upbeat as you were before. Good on you,  you're great!
get well 2

Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Lp shunt - pain in side   Lp shunt - pain in side I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 3:50 pm

I'm so glad they were able to take care of it so quickly!!! Wishing you an uneventful recovery this time..

Happy Healing!
Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lp shunt - pain in side   Lp shunt - pain in side I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lp shunt - pain in side

View previous topic View next topic Back to top