HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Susanjean-diagnosed 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
susanjean

susanjean

Susanjean-diagnosed 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Susanjean-diagnosed 2012   Susanjean-diagnosed 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 4:27 pm

I was so greatful to find this awsesome site. A little about myself. I live in a small town of Iowa,and was diagnosed with IIH,10 years ago. I suffered from severe headaches for years,and treated for migraines,until an er visit,a neurologist,sent me to the opticneurologist,at a large teaching hospital. I was put through all the eye test,and didn't have papliedema,although my headaches never let up. A spinal tap was done,and had a pressure of 28,not terribly high,but above the norm. Went the diamox route,and helped for short period,so the neurosurgeon said I needed a shunt. He put an LP shunt in,and it is a plain one,with no valves. It has worked,for the most part,had hedaches,but nothing like before.I do have issues with it,but think I will post it on another thread. Nice to be here.
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Susanjean-diagnosed 2012   Susanjean-diagnosed 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Hello Susan and welcome2

Sounds like you are on the right track. Good for you. Your experience with IIH will be so helpful, especially to the Newbies. I hope you will be able to stick around and share the knowledge that you have learned over the years. So many of us are going through the early stages (I had my shunt installed Nov 1st of last year) and depend on those who have already "been there, done that" to answer questions and offer moral support. I hope you will consider doing that.

Regardless of your involvement, we are so glad you have joined us and look forward to chatting with you.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Susanjean-diagnosed 2012   Susanjean-diagnosed 2012 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Hello Susanjean and a very warm welcome to our group, I am so pleased you found us. I've answered your other post and I totally sympathise with your problems with the LP shunt. I had exactly the same problems and by the time of my revision to a VP shunt, was heading in the direction of a wheelchair. I've gone into detail about this in my post there.

Welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Susanjean-diagnosed 2012   Susanjean-diagnosed 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:51 am

Hi Susanjean, welcome to the group! I also got a plain LP shunt about 10 years ago. I've had a few revisions where they've added and replaced valves..I'll look for your other post and help if I can. I look forward to comparing notes!

Take care,
Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Susanjean-diagnosed 2012   Susanjean-diagnosed 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Susanjean-diagnosed 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top