HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Jan - Awaiting diagnosis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bozzykinz
bozzykinz

Jan - Awaiting diagnosis Empty
PostSubject: Jan - Awaiting diagnosis   Jan - Awaiting diagnosis I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:18 pm

I am so happy I have found another support group!!
My name is Jan and I am awaiting a formal diagnosis. My neurologist is convinced I have IIH and has ordered the tests. I have a CT tomorrow.
A little about me... I am 35, have 5 kids. Along with IIH I have PCOS and orthostatic typotension. I have noticed a lot of woman have IIH and PCOS!
Nice to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Jan - Awaiting diagnosis   Jan - Awaiting diagnosis I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi Jan and a very warm welcome to the group, I'm so glad you joined us. I hope all goes well with your CT and that you are put on a successful treatment plan for your IIH. Yes I too have PCO's and it seems to be quite common with women who have IIH. Which is why I have always thought IIH to be more hormonal based than weight, as it is our ovaries that tend to control the hormones somewhat.

I look forward to getting to know you too, and please feel free to ask any questions hug

Last edited by Heidi on Wed May 11, 2011 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
bozzykinz
bozzykinz

PostSubject: Re: Jan - Awaiting diagnosis   Jan - Awaiting diagnosis I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:23 pm

CT done!! Got to wait for results!! uuugghhh!! No special treatment even if you work in the hospital!! lol. Just awaiting LP now Smile
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Jan - Awaiting diagnosis   Jan - Awaiting diagnosis I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:56 pm

The diagnostic process can be grueling..hang in there! Hopefully the LP will confirm diagnosis and they can get you started on an appropriate treatment plan. Good luck w/ everything and keep us posted!

Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jan - Awaiting diagnosis   Jan - Awaiting diagnosis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jan - Awaiting diagnosis

View previous topic View next topic Back to top