HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Tinted lenses and flourescent lights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Betsy
Betsy

Tinted lenses and flourescent lights Empty
PostSubject: Tinted lenses and flourescent lights   Tinted lenses and flourescent lights I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:50 am

IIH and problems with lights

I've been having a lot of problems with the flourescent lights at work and in shops making my headaches worse and increasing my light sensitivity. I was wondering if anyone who wears glasses has tinted lenses to lessen these problems. I can't afford to see my opthomalogist before my regular appointment in January, but was thinking if anyone else had good results maybe I could just get my current lenses tinted and it would tide me over.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Tinted lenses and flourescent lights   Tinted lenses and flourescent lights I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi Betsy I don't wear contact lenses but I do wear glasses, which have reaction lenses that go darker in bright sunlight, they also have UV filter on them, which makes it so much better when in flourescent light, strobe lighting and when using the computer.

I know you can get light filtering tints on contact lenses because sports people use them. I've found this link for you for more information. Tinted contact lenses
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Betsy
Betsy

PostSubject: Re: Tinted lenses and flourescent lights   Tinted lenses and flourescent lights I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:09 am

Thanks Heidi. I can't do contacts, my glasses do have a uv filter coat, but things have been getting progressively worse under flourescent light in the past 2 months.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Tinted lenses and flourescent lights   Tinted lenses and flourescent lights I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Betsy I would definitely consider the Transition lenses, since I had them in my glasses I've noticed such a big difference, especially with lighting in shops and things, that used to hurt my eyes and bring on the most horrendous headaches. I've done some searching for you to see if they are done in America, and I have managed to find you this link which I hope helps.
Transition Lenses
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

PostSubject: Re: Tinted lenses and flourescent lights   Tinted lenses and flourescent lights I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:32 am

Thanks Heidi. I see from the site there are two kinds now. One has a clear lens and the other a light tint, that's probably the one I need and my optho has them. :Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Tinted lenses and flourescent lights   Tinted lenses and flourescent lights I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Brilliant Tinted lenses and flourescent lights 364484
Back to top Go down
kayleigh22
kayleigh22

PostSubject: Re: Tinted lenses and flourescent lights   Tinted lenses and flourescent lights I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:29 pm

my eye sight was ok before i got iih , i went to the walking centre the sent me to opticians ant they rushed me to hopital , then i had a mini stroke and was dognosed with iih just got tinted lenses which does help xx
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

PostSubject: Re: Tinted lenses and flourescent lights   Tinted lenses and flourescent lights I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks Kayleigh. Things keep coming up so I haven't made it to the optho yet, I'm hoping money sorts out so I can go next month and afford new glasses.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
KimmiD
KimmiD

PostSubject: Re: Tinted lenses and flourescent lights   Tinted lenses and flourescent lights I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:34 pm

I have a rough time going into stores that are using the newer fluorescent bulbs that are supposed to simulate sunlight. While they are better for most people, they can be a real bother to those of us with a sensitivity to light. I wear sunglasses and a ball cap when I go to the grocery. If I don't, my headache shoots way up, I start sweating profusely and have mini seizures... not fun to say the least. I also can't use the old CRT computer monitors. They flicker way to much and within a few minutes of looking at one, I'm nauseated beyond belief.
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

PostSubject: Re: Tinted lenses and flourescent lights   Tinted lenses and flourescent lights I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:08 am

I know what you mean Kimmi. There have been times that I've gone without groceries because I knew I couldn't handle the lights in the store. We have also changed to the compact flourescent lights in the dining room where I work, so that even though we no longer have to wear ball caps I do to protect from the light. I also get the mini seizures. My next pair of glasses will have transition lenses with the light tint. Hopefully this will help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tinted lenses and flourescent lights   Tinted lenses and flourescent lights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tinted lenses and flourescent lights

View previous topic View next topic Back to top