HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Flashing images, lights and colours

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Does anyone have problems with flashing images,like the ones used for advertising on some websites?
Yes
Flashing images, lights and colours I_vote_lcap75%Flashing images, lights and colours I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 9 ]
No
Flashing images, lights and colours I_vote_lcap8%Flashing images, lights and colours I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Haven't noticed
Flashing images, lights and colours I_vote_lcap17%Flashing images, lights and colours I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Flashing images, lights and colours Empty
PostSubject: Flashing images, lights and colours   Flashing images, lights and colours I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Does anyone have problems with flashing images,like the ones used for advertising on some websites and things like that? I know quite a few other IIH'ers do. I have a problem with strobe lights and certain colours. For instance I struggle with telling navy blue and black apart,and I can't read white or red writing, which a lot of magazines use in their articles.

I know with a lot of it, it's the photophobia, but I just wondered if others had the same thing Flashing images, lights and colours 695893

Last edited by Heidi on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Flashing images, lights and colours   Flashing images, lights and colours I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 3:32 pm

I have issues with this too. It is interesting that you brought up colors, for years I have not been able to tell navy blue, black, or dark purple apart. Also very recently I have a difficult time with red/green.
Flashing makes my head hurt really bad, feels like an ice pick is getting rammed into my skull when flashing lights or ads pop up/on. Also happens when one of my kids thrust something very quickly into my face to look at. I know they don't understand, and I nicely remind them not to do that because it is rude and makes mommy have a bad head ache. The ice pick feeling only happens for a few seconds but it is followed by a very annoying dull ache that lasts typically for the rest of the day. Sometimes I tried napping to see if it will make the feeling go away, but when I have tried that, when I woke from the nap I get rather dizzy and sick to my stomach.
So in general I advoid flashing items. Also fog machines bother me. Which is rather recent as well. My favorite time of year is Halloween (not only because it is a cool day, but it also is my oldest daughter's birthday) A lot of times on Halloween people use fog machines to make their yards seem more creepy. Or if I go to the Trail of Terror (mile long heated indoor haunted maze) my head will hurt for days after from the fog machines and strobe lights.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Flashing images, lights and colours   Flashing images, lights and colours I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Flashing lights are bad..I get an instant headache that won't stop. I haven't noticed any issues w/ colors, but flashing images make me dizzy and lights are just bad!
Back to top Go down
NoodleBug

PostSubject: Re: Flashing images, lights and colours   Flashing images, lights and colours I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:28 pm

i havn't noticed the flashing lights thing, but im having trouble with certian sounds, and certian pitches bring on an instant headache.

i used to have the colour thing, my two eyes saw different shades of the same colour; especialy browns and yellows, reds. only noticed it when I started seeing double. But its better since LP's and meds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flashing images, lights and colours   Flashing images, lights and colours I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top