HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

What is a drain?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
missjean22
missjean22

What is a drain? Empty
PostSubject: What is a drain?   What is a drain? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:42 am

i was wondering if any1 has had a drain done? if any1 has
what do they do?
how is it done?
do they hurt?
do you lose hair? (my biggest fear)
what happens during the drain?
how do they put them in?
how do they get them out?
how long are they in for?
i know its a lot of questions.

as i am being transferred to a new surgeon dont know whether to be happy, scared or upset lol.

jean
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

What is a drain? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a drain?   What is a drain? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Hello Jean hug, it's so nice to see you back. I have had a drain and it was done under a general anaesthetic, so I was completely unaware of any pain. I didn't lose any hair at all, so I think it depends on your surgeon,and where he places it and if he decides he wants to shave the area.In my case the drain was in for about 4 weeks. When they took it out, they injected local anaesthetic in to the area and then pulled it out, which didn't feel painful, and just felt like a tug. Afterwards they just stitched it up and then that was it. I found it more of a pain when I had to go to the loo, have a shower and getting dressed and undressed and things like that. To be honest Jean it probably sounds worse than it is.

I'm glad you've got a new doctor, and I hope now things will start to get better for you. Once again so nice to see you, you were missed. hug

Here is some more information for you and I hope it helps. ICP Monitoring
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
missjean22
missjean22

What is a drain? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a drain?   What is a drain? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:28 pm

hi thanks for the reply. I fell a bit better knowing that i might not have to lose my hair. I know it sounds bad but i feel ih has took a lot away from me and i want to hold onto my hair lol.

I have had 3 drs in 4 months since i been diagnosed and 2 surgeons in that time. My new dr wanted a LP done but the surgeon has read my records has decided i wont cope with another 1 so decided on a drain :(
im just waiting for the date.

Ill be back a bit more now as im comming to terms a lot better with things now.

jean
hope everyone is good for you
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

What is a drain? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a drain?   What is a drain? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:01 pm

I'm really happy to read that Jean, because I know you have had such a bad time with everything, and had so much to cope with as well as having to make some very hard decisions. We have always said that we are here for you when you need us, and for whatever reason, we're very relaxed about that here.

It will be great to see you posting again, as you have been missed, we never forgot about you, but understood that you needed to be with your family to get yourself physically, mentally and emotionally where you needed to be. for you hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Sponsored content

What is a drain? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a drain?   What is a drain? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is a drain?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top