HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

just joined the world of iih

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tntwhit

tntwhit

just joined the world of iih Empty
PostSubject: just joined the world of iih   just joined the world of iih I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 12:25 pm

I have been diagnosed with iih after papilledema sent me on a LP journey. 31 opening pressure but am guessing it gets a lot worse at times. Achievement plus!! I think I have had this a very long time and the eye sight cracking up is what gave the doctors the magic to tell me it is all in my head after lol. Yes my sense of humor is a little curved as I am a Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivor. Thank you for having this wonderful site and it gives me some foundation to know I am not completely alone. peace x
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: just joined the world of iih   just joined the world of iih I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 3:19 pm

Welcome to the forum!!! IIH can be secondary to different medications, sleep apnea, and systemic diseases like leukemia, so I'm sorry to say it's not a complete surprise you developed these symptoms. NORD has a lot of good information at rarediseases.org or you can check the Intracranial Hypertension Research Foundation at irhfoundation.org for more information about it.

I also encourage you to explore the forum posts and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Take care,
Julie
Back to top Go down
tntwhit

tntwhit

PostSubject: Re: just joined the world of iih   just joined the world of iih I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 1:33 pm

Thanks Julie. They have me on Diamox which seems to not marry well with my anti depressant but am sorting it out. I truly think I have had recurring IIH for many years with tinnitus, blurry vision,allergy tests. short list of many... etc but the pap is what got the ball rolling for diagnosis. Feeling empowered as some bonus to a crap situation. At least I know what is going on now and no doctor has rang in a fit so my worry of secondary cancer seems safe for now. feeling blessed
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

PostSubject: Re: just joined the world of iih   just joined the world of iih I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 7:38 am

hello, welcome to the forum.
when did your symptoms start?  I'm wondering if it could be one of your chemo agents that scarred your arachnoid granulations and triggered this for you.  it's worth asking your oncologist when you go for your next follow up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just joined the world of iih   just joined the world of iih I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just joined the world of iih

View previous topic View next topic Back to top