HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Newbie with a burning head

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
becky1966
becky1966

Newbie with a burning head Empty
PostSubject: Newbie with a burning head   Newbie with a burning head I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 3:55 pm

Burning head and scalp

Hi everyone, I don't yet have a formal diagnosis of IIH but all professionals think its quite likely. In addition of my usual headache, today my head and scalp feel like they are burning. BP and temp all ok. I have just spoken to a GP who states he doesn't think that my burning head is a symptom of IIH.

any help would be grateful thank you ... in advance
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a burning head   Newbie with a burning head I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 8:08 pm

I have to agree with your GP, a burning head isn't associated with IIH. There is something called Burning Scalp Syndrome. which can be caused by many things. I think it might be helpful if you have a look through this information Scalp Burning Sensation Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
becky1966
becky1966

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a burning head   Newbie with a burning head I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Thanks Heidi, I have no problems at all with it today.
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a burning head   Newbie with a burning head I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 6:44 am

I think it probably is the IIH.  it sounds like an abnormal neuro-sensory thing.  my mother has had the same symptom.  maybe it's a form of a neuralgia.  doesn't sound like the docs are going to be much help with it, I hope it doesn't give you too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
becky1966
becky1966

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a burning head   Newbie with a burning head I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Thanks Sophiasmom, thankfully it didn't last too long. I'm back to see the neurologist next week and I cant wait to get thinks moving - one way or other. She wanted to do loads of tests first and then consider lumber puncture.
Anyway thanks again for your input.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a burning head   Newbie with a burning head I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie with a burning head

View previous topic View next topic Back to top