HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Managed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rachel Amelia
Rachel Amelia

Managed! Empty
PostSubject: Managed!   Managed! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Perhaps I should have posted in this place first, I'm SO HAPPY that a success section exists on this website! SO often I hear the most horrible terrible sad stories about IIH, and sometimes I feel like a jerk for sharing how fantastic my life has been in the last little while, and now there's a place I don't have to feel so bad for being happy about it!
The last time I saw my Neurologist, he told me that he felt I was managed enough that I didn't need to see him again, unless I was having problems. My shunt and the Topamax are both working well enough to keep me in check, and feeling perfectly fine. NO shunt problems, and it's been just over a year. I do still see the Neuro Ophthalmologist, at first it was once every 3 months, now it's once every 6 months, and maybe after this next time it will be once a year. But I feel fantastic! I'm no longer blind, I'm back in school, and clicky high heel shoes don't make me cringe anymore. I have my life back. I couldn't be more grateful.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Managed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Managed!   Managed! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:51 pm

We LOVE to hear the success stories..thanks for sharing!!! And, Managed! 555421
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Managed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Managed!   Managed! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:54 pm

I agree we love love love this success shares. Thank you for sharing yours. hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Betsy
Betsy

Managed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Managed!   Managed! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 10:57 pm

Thanks for giving us something to hope for. I'm right there with the clickclacky high heels and the sound of icecubes into an empty plastic tumbler.
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2
BananasMom

Managed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Managed!   Managed! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:15 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your story! Very Happy It gives a lot of hope to others who are still suffering with IIH. *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Managed! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Managed!   Managed! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Managed!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: Living with IIH ::   :: IIH Successes-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com