HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IssueBox84
IssueBox84

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:37 am

Introduction 722864
I'm only 28 and diagnosed with IH. I have a slew of medical issues and I can't handle it all sometimes.
I had a spinal tap on Jan 2nd and my opening pressure was 25 - closing pressure 14. I'm currently on Diamox (day 3) and I have a loud ringing in my head, my fingers and toes tingle - and my fingers turn bluish sometimes, and I have the worst headache of my life. I just wish it would go away. I wanted to write more but I physically can't right now...
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:43 am

Welcome to the group. You seem to be experiencing the common sideffects of the Diamox, which with some people settle down overtime, however, there are many who find the side effects hard to tolerate. If you are finding the sideffects unbearable to live with, have a talk to your Neurologist about it who may be able to help or prescribe an alternative. Unfortunately most of th medications used to treat IIH have sideffects.

I encourage you to keep a symptom log and a medication log, which will help you to give a full and accurate account to your doctor of your progress. We also have lots of helpful booklets which you may like to look at. As you will see from other members posts, many also have other medical conditions, and you aren't alone with having to cope with more than one health issue, so members will relate to you and understand how you feel.

It is difficult to cope when there is a lot going on and it can be overwhelming. We are here to support and help you, even when you need to have a rant. We will help you all we can.

Heidi hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
IssueBox84
IssueBox84

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:35 pm

Thanks Heidi. I'm so glad I came across this site.
Will my hearing come back? Not that it's all gone but back to "normal"?
I also have Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome (and PCDS) so my hearing loss was already bad before this medication. It used to be that if I was eating something, I couldn't hear the tv over my chewing. Now that I've started this medicine, I can't hear it at all. :(
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Hello issuebox and Welcome3

I wonder if you might be dealing with low pressure now. Does your headache get better after laying flat? Does caffeine make it better? If it does, you may have developed a leak.

I also had hearing loss, mine due to the zoster virus. Having my ICP (IntraCranial Pressure) altered always changed my hearing levels. I would do as Heidi said. Keep a daily journal on your symptoms. Write down how you are feeling, what makes you feel better, what worse, what the weather is (often a trigger), what you have eaten, and thing different that you noticed. Perhaps a pattern will emerge.

I hope your hearing improves and your pain decreases.
Back to top Go down
IssueBox84
IssueBox84

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:21 am

my headaches are not positional. i don't know how to feel about that...
my neurologist thought i might have a leak and I went to the er a couple weeks ago. the anesthesiologist refused to do the blood patch because I was sitting up (attempting to go to the restroom to pee after 4 hours of waiting on him...) he said it would heal on it's own in 2 weeks anyway. let's see him live with this s...tuff for 2 weeks!
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:42 am

If the ha's aren't positional it may not be a leak, but many leakers need intervention.
Have the headaches become worse post tap? Might the intense pain be from more than one of your health issues?
Back to top Go down
IssueBox84
IssueBox84

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:32 am

i always had sinus headaches... which i was recently told were atypical migraines. well, after the tap, i had the typical migraines - just terrible PAIN!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Back to top