HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Norovirus?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
adelineautumn
adelineautumn

Norovirus? Empty
PostSubject: Norovirus?   Norovirus? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi guys have any of you been hit with this Norovirus yet? I started on friday and was hospitalised with awful pains and i was violently sick 10 times. Its 3 days later and i still feel like the wrong end of a pineapple =[. If that wasnt bad enough i'm getting stick from everyone at uni for not being around, im getting threats from uni over my fees and i cant work cause im so freaking ill all the time, i dont know where ill get the money for fees, ive disappointed everyone in my group for my presentation and im so far behind in all my coursework ill need a miracle to pass =[ I cant even rest because of all this stupid stuff stressing me out and all i want to do is throw up untill i loose a kidney =[
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

Norovirus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norovirus?   Norovirus? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:33 pm

It seems like the norovirus is spreading like a wildfire all over the world. It is very contagious, so please make sure that anyone who is in contact with you washes up real well after the visit.
Hang in there. You should start feeling better very soon. Should be about at the end of the virus' course. And, drink lots of fluids!!
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Norovirus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norovirus?   Norovirus? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm so sorry!!! Hopefully, Linda's right and the virus has almost run it's course. Doesn't your university have a medical deferment or something? It's so hard to catch up once you've fallen behind, especially if you still aren't feeling well. Have you thought about taking a leave or reduced schedule until you get IIH under control? I know it's unfair and discouraging, but you'll be able to make a lot more progress once you're feeling better.

As far as other students and staff, they'll either understand or they won't..there's nothing you can do about the way they react to you or your illness. It's unfortunate, but not everyone will get it and be supportive. You just have to take care of yourself right now..stress and strain will only make your symptoms worse!

I'm sending you all the positive, healing vibes I can spare!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Julie
Back to top Go down
acerousme
acerousme

Norovirus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norovirus?   Norovirus? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 7:34 am

oh man I caught something, and am JUST on the mend (although i still have 11 days of antibiotics)

What really helped with everything was green tea and honey. Ive been sick for...over a month.

Fluids!! And lots of them, then pop on here when you can to give us an update!

I hope you feel better!
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

Norovirus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norovirus?   Norovirus? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Adeline;
I"m not sure why this is such a big issue where you are. this is not your IIH, it's a run of the mill virus. the doctor you saw should write you a medical excuse letter and no one should be harrassing you. jeez.
Deb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Norovirus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norovirus?   Norovirus? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Norovirus?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: Living with IIH ::   :: Group Huddle-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com