HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

First exam of the semester went well!! yay!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoodleBug

First exam of the semester went well!! yay!! Empty
PostSubject: First exam of the semester went well!! yay!!   First exam of the semester went well!! yay!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 6:58 pm

so yay im finally having a good day! I wrote an exam today, and was pretty worried cause ive been having a lot of trouble concentrating, but my paper went really well.. Im not sure if its the extra diamox im taking? I wrote my last exam when i wasnt diagnosed yet and it went really badly, I failed 3 of my 5 papers [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] even though i worked really hard.. and through this semester, even though i was on medication it still had a hard time focusing when doing assignments, I used to be on 750mg diamox, now im on 1000mg and i think the extra 250mg might make a difference Very Happy Is anyone else studying? How do you deal with your symptoms? Some people are telling me to take a break from studying, but with everething this disease has taken away I can't let it have that aswell..

okay and then a little off subject but as im typing im just going to ask here.. Im having trouble keeping anything but meds in my stomach, especially in the mornings. I take my first diamox at 6am, but if i try and eat before my 2nd one, which i take at 12, i vomit. Im having a real problem with it. the past week i havnt been able to keep much in. and when i eat with my meds i want to vomit but i keep it in and gag to keep the meds inside. ive had a mild headache but its not bad enough to make me sick.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: First exam of the semester went well!! yay!!   First exam of the semester went well!! yay!! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Congratulations..that must have been a huge relief! I would say study at your own pace. If you're having a bad spell, take some time off. Your symptoms can get worse if you push too hard, but I'm sure you're learning your limits.

As far as the vomiting, I would follow up with the doctor prescribing the Diamox. That is a side effect and it can cause serious stomach issues. I know it's disheartening because it seems to be helping, but there are other medications available. You definitely don't want to cause more problems! Take care of yourself and keep us posted!!!

Hope you're feeling better soon,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
julie
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: First exam of the semester went well!! yay!!   First exam of the semester went well!! yay!! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 5:22 am

Do ask your doctor about it. I, too, was forewarned about that, and given Zofran, a strong anti nausea medication, to take with the Diamox. It worked really well.

Congrats on feeling good about your exams [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NoodleBug

PostSubject: Re: First exam of the semester went well!! yay!!   First exam of the semester went well!! yay!! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:41 am

thank you! I used to drink KCL syrup for my side effects and thought it was that, but Im drinking the pills now. I did mention it to my doc last time I saw her, but she just changed my KCL stuff. Its worrying thought cause my throat is starting to hurt, and ive heard that people with bulemia's throats get damaged after a while, and at the rate im going now i think people might think i have bulemia.

i am studying long distance through a university, so that helps a lot!! and im only one exam paper away from getting my degree!! yay!! I thought about doing my honours but im going to take a little break.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: First exam of the semester went well!! yay!!   First exam of the semester went well!! yay!! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Congratulations! hug It's always inspiring and heartwarming to read a post like this. As for the vomiting, speak to your doctor about it as be may be able to prescribe something like omeprazole or something like that, which helps to calm your stomach.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First exam of the semester went well!! yay!!   First exam of the semester went well!! yay!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First exam of the semester went well!! yay!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top