HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

hi im back

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aliviamom11
Aliviamom11

hi im back Empty
PostSubject: hi im back   hi im back I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 3:40 am

Hey yall
I havent been on much since surgery. I am 5 weeks post op and have been hospitalized twice for high icp. My vp shunt is stubborn. I am a pain management plan with my neuro, but she is leavin soon...h dr hunting..i have been put on 2.5 grams of diamox with lasix. And lots of other meds...i never thought my diamox would increase after surgery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/aliviasmom11
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

hi im back Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi im back   hi im back I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Marlana, thanks for the update! Sorry to hear you're still struggling..is there any relief in sight? I understand the pain management plan, but wondering about the longterm plan..if VP shunt isn't effective, are they considering a LP or anything else?? High ICP following surgery is definitely not expected..hang in there!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Julie
Back to top Go down
Aliviamom11
Aliviamom11

hi im back Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi im back   hi im back I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:56 am

No they haven't given me any other options. Im hanging in trying to stay strong.
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

hi im back Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi im back   hi im back I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:02 am

What a bummer.
Have they checked your shunt to make sure it is working correctly? Does it have a programmable valve that can be set to a lower pressure? Sure sounds like you need a better plan than just treat the pain.
Back to top Go down
Aliviamom11
Aliviamom11

hi im back Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi im back   hi im back I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:05 am

They have done 5 ctscans and said its working. I asked for a spinal tap to check the pressure they refused. I seea dr again Friday. I had a 7 day headache and the er gave me benadryl and sent me home. So i got an injection from my dr the following day. Im hoping she does a spinal.
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

hi im back Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi im back   hi im back I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:39 am

Oh my!! Beg and plead with them to do the tap. You won't know if indeed your pressure has gone up and by how much unless they do the tap. Then, they can check the shunt's potency, using a radioactive dye to make sure it is working from top to bottom. Having high pressure with a shunt means: (1) it isn't working correctly, or (2) the valve is set to high (assuming it's programmable) and needs to be lowered to allow the fluid to escape at a lower pressure, or (3) having just one shunt isn't enough to handle your body's production of fluid or (4) the cause of your headaches is not due to IIH. You do need a tap as a starting point. Saying prayers for you!!

bhug
Back to top Go down
Aliviamom11
Aliviamom11

hi im back Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi im back   hi im back I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:02 am

Thanks i know its my pressure my wooshing is back n my vision is still going away at time. I take 2500mg of diamox and lasix wit other meds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hi im back Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi im back   hi im back I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi im back

View previous topic View next topic Back to top