HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Back on track

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Betsy
Betsy

Back on track Empty
PostSubject: Back on track   Back on track I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:27 am

I started a new diet plan on November 22, 2012 and as of last Monday I have lost 12 pounds. I realize that it sounds silly to start dieting at hte beginning of the big food holidays, but my sister had started a few weeks earlier and she gave me a lot of support. I'm using a book called The Writing Diet by Julia Cameron. It doesn't so much tell you what too eat or not eat, but gets you to look at what you are eating, why you are eating it and when you are eating. Every morning you write several pages of stream of consciousness. There is no right or wrong and you don't worry about grammer, spelling or punctuation, it's to get things out of your head where you can look at them. For me, I found some of what I was eating was so I could ignore what I was feeling. I'm learning to make better choices about what and how much I eat, so far it's working. congrats
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Back on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back on track   Back on track I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Back on track 555421Congratulations Besty!!! I'm so glad you've found something that's working for you and wishing you continued success!
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Back on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back on track   Back on track I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:08 pm

woohoo Thumbs up
bhug

That's fantastic I'm so pleased for you. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and have a rich and fabulous New Year!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Betsy
Betsy

Back on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back on track   Back on track I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 5:04 am

Christmas was great! I travelled to Arizona and visited with my mom and sisters.
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

Back on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back on track   Back on track I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 3:01 am

What a unique idea for weight loss.
Congrats on the weight loss and keep up the food work. You made it through such a difficult time, good for you!
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

Back on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back on track   Back on track I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 5:46 pm

I now fit into pants that wouldn't even button three weeks ago! A trip to the doctor to increase my diamox and I am feeling much better.
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

Back on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back on track   Back on track I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:54 am

I don't know how much weight I've lost since I last posted, but I was wearing size 26-28 at the time and I am now in 20-22's. I was wearing size 22 when I graduated high school 31 years ago. This is so exciting! It's amazing how much difference a few simple changes to eating and activity patterns can make. I am walking the 1.5 miles to church each Sunday and taking walks around the neighborhood 2 to 4 nights a week. My goal was to be in size 18 by the beginning of September, now I'm going for size 16.
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

Back on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back on track   Back on track I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 6:33 am

Wow!  Are you still working the same diet plan?
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

Back on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back on track   Back on track I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Yes, still the same plan and it hasn't really felt like work. I guess when you find the right plan, everything just falls into place.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Back on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back on track   Back on track I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 5:06 pm

:well doneThat's amazing..good for you!!! I have to agree about finding the right plan. I started a vegetarian/raw food diet and it hasn't been a struggle at all. I've lost 30lbs in 10 weeks without even trying. I've cut processed food, sugar, and made myself miserable in the past without losing a pound..it's a great feeling when your body is happy and starts functioning properly!

Have you noticed any improvements with symptoms? That's the one struggle I'm still having..nothing seems to be making headaches any better.
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

Back on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back on track   Back on track I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 5:25 pm

I'm stuggling with symptoms right now because I can't take my meds like I should, but my good days are really good now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back on track   Back on track I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back on track

View previous topic View next topic Back to top