HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Popping sensation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leanne_Christine88

Popping sensation  Empty
PostSubject: Popping sensation    Popping sensation  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 9:31 am

Hi I'm new here  Help 

My names leanne and I've recently been diagnosed with benign intacranial hypertension and papilledema after a long overdue visit to the opticians. This is my first post but over the last 6 weeks this site has really helped me feel like I'm not going crazy after all so thank you  Smile

I've been experiencing a whole list of symtoms some only started after the lp which I don't understand! Anyway...laid in bed last night and I felt a 'pop' in the back of my head followed by a crackle sound I could hear and a warm spreading sensation, I did feel some pain but nothing major. 

what I'd like to know is has anyone also experienced anything like this? 

I still feel a slightly strange feeling round the back of my head this morning, I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling like an attention seeker listing a ton of symtoms to my doctor, so thought I'd ask for some advice here before I bother him.

Thank you for reading this hope I make sense! 

thank you
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Popping sensation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popping sensation    Popping sensation  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi Leanne, I'm glad you've found the information helpful!

This doesn't sound like anything related to your BIH, but, if it's causing pain or discomfort, I'd definitely get it checked out. You could have just moved or slept on in wrong, but with the burning sensation it doesn't hurt to check.

Keep us posted, and take care!
Julie
Back to top Go down
imme

imme

Popping sensation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popping sensation    Popping sensation  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2019 9:52 pm

I had a popping sensation in thebrainstem area as the pressure was traveling down there no crackle nopain just a weird sensation there and heard pop-mine i think was good when it happened just weird after it felt like the pressure went down something cleared and i was able to return to doing selfcare more normally and like a big foggy bubble lifeted and a positive changenot sure how long its gonna stay ltht way kinda feeling lil bit pressure coming back but not like b4 that If your worried about yoursi hope you see k the proper medicla especiay if there is pain and increased pressure . admin I cant view most of this forum I click on the topics nothing shows and yes im registered keeps saying this site cant befound
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

Popping sensation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popping sensation    Popping sensation  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 6:21 pm

hi Imme;
I am sorry for the problems with the website.  We have been trying to get it fixed.  I have left instructions in a note that you can find on the side bar, for how to post a new message.   the address for the website changed, and not all the new links work because of that.  so if you google search for the new website name and what you are looking for it may pop up with the correct link.

There is some evidence that up to 50% of CSF drainage occurs by way of lymphatics along the cranial nerves.  these exit the skull through openings called foramena.  many people have described feeling sensations that may be from this type of drainage, and then after that feeling, their symptoms improve.  perhaps this is what you experienced.  I have experienced improvement in symptoms after exercise which moves lymph. however I know that  many of our members cannot tolerate exercise, and I could not before jaw surgery.  very light movements with no breath holding might accomplish the same thing.
Back to top Go down
imme

imme

Popping sensation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popping sensation    Popping sensation  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2019 6:08 pm

Ty 4 your help about popping situation ok! I saw your note tried the other way -it doesnt work for me and is way too difficult to use ty anyways bye!
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

Popping sensation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popping sensation    Popping sensation  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2019 5:04 pm

thank you for feedback about the website.  we hope to have a fix for it by the new year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Popping sensation  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Popping sensation    Popping sensation  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Popping sensation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top