HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

photophodia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
emma;)

emma;)

photophodia Empty
PostSubject: photophodia   photophodia I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:37 am

I know that with photophodia bright light hurts and is painful I have these days where I have to shut my eyes while I turn on the light in my own house. So I am off today to get dome sunglasses and then I will have take my prescription to spacsavers and got them uv filtered and stuff.

But there is one thing I am concerned about and I am not sure it's it's anything to do with photophodia so I was hoping u guys may help.
at times when I am in the house if there is light (not bright light) it makes everything else goes really dark it's as thou to much light is getting in and blocking everything.

Your help with this would be much appreciated.
thank you
Back to top Go down
http://emma.derbyshire9@gmail.com
Wylee
Wylee

photophodia Empty
PostSubject: Re: photophodia   photophodia I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Emma, I have looked all over, and I can't find anything that describes what you were seeing. Photophobia does include all kinds of other distortions and pain from the light, but just can't find anything on a dim light drowning out the surrounding light. I would get in touch with that Ophthalmologist and see if this may mean needing to be seen. Your eyes can deteriorate rapidly from the papilledema, the swelling of the optic nerve, due to the increased pressure inside your head. If caught early enough, eyesight can be restored.

I'll continue to look around for you, and perhaps in the meanwhile someone will stop by that can explain it.
Back to top Go down
emma;)

emma;)

photophodia Empty
PostSubject: Re: photophodia   photophodia I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Thanks for ur reply. Got in touch with doctor I am seeing him next week already so he thinks i will be ok till then. He believes that it is to do with my photophodia and they my eye is not working proper on how much light it is to let in. so will see what he say's next week after the exam.
fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
http://emma.derbyshire9@gmail.com
Sponsored content

photophodia Empty
PostSubject: Re: photophodia   photophodia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

photophodia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: General Discussions ::   :: IIH and Vision-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com