HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

IIH and Alchohol

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

How does alcohol affect your symptoms?
It brings on a high pressure headache
IIH and Alchohol I_vote_lcap6%IIH and Alchohol I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
It brings on all my symptoms
IIH and Alchohol I_vote_lcap22%IIH and Alchohol I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
The headaches are worse when I have alcohol
IIH and Alchohol I_vote_lcap22%IIH and Alchohol I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
I'm ok if I moderate how much alcohol I have
IIH and Alchohol I_vote_lcap39%IIH and Alchohol I_vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
It doesn't make a difference
IIH and Alchohol I_vote_lcap11%IIH and Alchohol I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

IIH and Alchohol Empty
PostSubject: IIH and Alchohol   IIH and Alchohol I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Can I drink alcohol with IIH?
How does alchol affect your symptoms with IIH? Does it make your headaches worse or does it help them. By doing this poll it will give other sufferers some kind of guide that they can use to determine their alcohol intake. Alcohol should be very moderate when on medication especially diuretics.

We all know the affects of drinking too much alcohol, You may now be aware of whether or not alcohol aggravates your IIH, and by taking part in this poll, it will help newly diagnosed members.

Last edited by Heidi on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Anonymous

IIH and Alchohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: IIH and Alchohol   IIH and Alchohol I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:06 am

Personally I do not drink alcohol, because I am on too much medication for different ailments and I wouldn't want to risk mixing my medication with alcohol.

I would be interested to find out if there is actually a link between alcohol and IIH pain! :flower:
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

IIH and Alchohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: IIH and Alchohol   IIH and Alchohol I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 6:54 pm

It would be interesting! I stopped drinking because I get an instant headache..the pressure is overwhelming and I'd like to die..you all know how that is..I just leave it alone now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

IIH and Alchohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: IIH and Alchohol   IIH and Alchohol I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Aww that doesn't sound too good! Still, there is nothing wrong with alcohol free drinks, I LOVE them! They're fizzy and sparkling, and no hangover in the morning! :lol:

:flower:
Back to top Go down
Betsy
Betsy

IIH and Alchohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: IIH and Alchohol   IIH and Alchohol I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 4:20 am

I rarely drink, but have found that 1-2 small glasses of wine don't affect my symptoms. This is especially true when I've had a meal as well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

IIH and Alchohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: IIH and Alchohol   IIH and Alchohol I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:49 am

Hi Betsy! :hello:

I can understand what you are saying, alcohol is absorbed more quickly on an empty stomach which is why eating before drinking, and lining your stomach is always a good idea, a sensible idea! Glad to hear you can enjoy a couple of glasses without having bad side effects Smile

Back to top Go down
LSam
LSam

IIH and Alchohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: IIH and Alchohol   IIH and Alchohol I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 4:29 pm

Liquor only effects me when my shunt is not working properly. But then if my shunt is not working properly, aren't I suceptible to the symptomology anyway?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

IIH and Alchohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: IIH and Alchohol   IIH and Alchohol I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:01 am

That is a very good point hon!

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

IIH and Alchohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: IIH and Alchohol   IIH and Alchohol I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Personally I am not a big drinker. I rarely have the stuff in my house. But when I do drink I get such a nasty headache that I just stop and switch to water. I never realized that this was from IIH. I just figured I was not a drinker so that is what alcohol did to me! Nice to know though. Even more of an excuse not to drink! :-)
Back to top Go down
Laliberte
Laliberte

IIH and Alchohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: IIH and Alchohol   IIH and Alchohol I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 8:12 am

I got diagnosed right before the 19th birthday (I'm 20 now), and I, for the most part found drinking alright. I embarrassingly drank too much on New Years, then stopped drinking completely until last weekend and boy did I pay for it. I woke up the next day with double vision, couldn't stop vomiting, had the worst headache, even worse than the one I got after my LP, then I slept for a good 20 hours and even then I didn't feel great. that is for sure the last time I will be having a drink.
Back to top Go down
Nami81

Nami81

IIH and Alchohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: IIH and Alchohol   IIH and Alchohol I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 10:47 pm

I tried a few drinks last night and it made me feel really ill. Headche and tinnitus. I slept till 3pm today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IIH and Alchohol Empty
PostSubject: Re: IIH and Alchohol   IIH and Alchohol I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IIH and Alchohol

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: Group Information ::     :: Poll Zone-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com