HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Valve adjustment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Valve adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Valve adjustment   Valve adjustment I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:57 pm

I've been having increased symptoms since September and they've finally decided to adjust my valve pressure. Luckily I had a magnetic valve installed this spring, so it should be easy. I was just wondering what to expect. I'm having it done on Friday, but still have celebrating to do..lol.

It's currently set at 16, but since I'm feeling better when laying down they plan to increase it to 18. Is this something I should notice right away like a shunt revision or will it take time for my body to adjust? I'm more than a little nervous about increasing the pressure, since I used to get IIH symptoms at 18 and 20. I just hope that the 3yrs of low pressure has changed my tolerance.
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

Valve adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve adjustment   Valve adjustment I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Hey Julie, not to worry. Adjusting the valve is easy. The tech uses a CT Scan to locate the valve's face to check the setting. Then they use this gismo about the size of a shoe box, press it against your skin. It beeps, they take another picture of the valve's face, check that the adjustment is what they want, and that's it. Very quick, easy, no pain.

I was told to expect it to take up to two weeks to feel changes, but noticed in just a few days that I was feeling better. The changes are very gradual.

Since you do feel better when laying down, it does sound like low pressure. See how you feel after the adjustment. If it makes you feel worse then you know the adjustment went the wrong way. Do insist they use the scanner to be certain what the current reading is and how it changes. My PA has sometimes gone the wrong way and we wouldn't have caught it without the scan. I am back to the "original" setting from Nov 1st of last year installation, which was too low for me before, but seems really good now. Seems our bodies make their own rules to live by :roll:

Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Valve adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve adjustment   Valve adjustment I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 2:16 pm

They certainly do! It's pretty much what I expected, but always looking for the quick fix..lol..thanks Linda!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Valve adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve adjustment   Valve adjustment I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valve adjustment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top