HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Related symptoms ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Related symptoms ? Empty
PostSubject: Related symptoms ?   Related symptoms ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:08 am

I am curious about something. My SEVERE headaches began in September 2011. I was officially diagnosed with IIH in late November 2011.

Prior to the headaches beginning, I had severe nausea every single day for 6 months--then it seemed to stop and the headaches appeared.

Is the nausea relative to the IIH or maybe even another "disease" or problem?

I am just trying to get as much information so I can be my own advocate when I begin seeing a neurologist again (after I get insurance).

thank you
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

Related symptoms ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Related symptoms ?   Related symptoms ? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Honestly, that's one of the reasons treatment is so important. Nausea can be a symptom of IIH, but it can be a side efffect or symptom of a dozen other related things. The most extensive information about IIH is probably at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

Related symptoms ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Related symptoms ?   Related symptoms ? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:53 pm

yes, nausea and vomiting are symptoms of IIH. I had severe disabling nausea for about 6 months when my IIH hit in earnest. interestingly, the headaches weren't so bad at that point, had even seemed to get better but I was having what I called a "migraine without pain" which is worse: severe brain fog.
prior to the nausea and brain fog starting, I can trace symptoms back almost 10 years, as I remember having pulsatile tinnitus as early as 2001 or before. that was around the time I remember headaches getting a lot worse. I also remember sometimes getting lightheaded when I sang probably 5-10 yrs before that. so I think the tendency was always there, but something pushed me over the top 3 yrs ago.

anyway, yes, I think the nausea is definitely related. did you lose weight then? I lost 40 lb. of course have gained it all back by now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Related symptoms ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Related symptoms ?   Related symptoms ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Related symptoms ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top