HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

help! They are trying to stop my benefits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jojomcart
jojomcart

help! They are trying to stop my benefits Empty
PostSubject: help! They are trying to stop my benefits   help! They are trying to stop my benefits I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Hello every body , Im Jo from Liverpool. As most of us will know we are all misdiagnosed at some point. me 4 years and then specsavers basically saved my life in Feb. so I have only been claiming ESA since about May/June this year. They have now decided that because i have had improvement that I am now going to get my benefits stopped. I am still under Neuro, I am still under Eye Hospital, I am still taking meds, I still have double swollen disc behind my eyes. And they are saying because I look ok that im fit for work. I have to attend a tribunal in 2 weeks time to contest. I have also had to have therapy to help me come to terms with it all. I have worked for 15 years without a break, whilst studying and never claimed any benefits at all.

Any advise would be grateful thank you Jo wishing you all a great day Smile
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: help! They are trying to stop my benefits   help! They are trying to stop my benefits I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi Jo! I unfortunately don't know much about assistance in the UK, but Heidi has some good resources listed in the Recommendations for You section. Take a look at Benefits and Other Resources. I hope it helps!
Back to top Go down
jojomcart
jojomcart

PostSubject: Re: help! They are trying to stop my benefits   help! They are trying to stop my benefits I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Ahhh thanks very much for them links Its my first time using this, I would also like to help anybody else in the future, if i am successful!! Thanks again Jo xx
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: help! They are trying to stop my benefits   help! They are trying to stop my benefits I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:56 am

Hi Jo! hug

I had a problem with ESA earlier this year so I can try to advise from my experiences if you would like?

I had to go to a tribunal , however I was so poorly my neurosurgeon and my GP both wrote letters directly to the people holding the tribunal explaining that I was not fit to attend. The tribunal decided in my absence that they would award me ESA, when what I really needed was just SA (Support allowance) I need SA as all of the doctors have decided I need at least another year to recover properly and am in no way fit to work.

First of all I got all of the doctors that were treating me to vouch for the fact that I was ill, and the extent of my illness. They wrote letters explaining my case history and sent them to the people responsible for the tribunal. When we heard nothing, we got my local MP involved who wrote to the DWP about the fact that I was expected to work when I can't even stand up too long unassisted without falling over, that being one of my many acquired weaknesses from IH.

Eventually I got a letter from the DWP saying that after reading all of the doctors notes on my medical history they were going to award me SA, which was our aim in the first place.

If I have any advice, it is to stick at it, get as many people involved as you can, and just because they say you look okay, it does not mean you are okay!

I am so sorry to hear of all your ailments, I wish you strength and I hope you feel better soon :flower:

I hope this has helped even if only in a slight way, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Keep us updated, and good luck honey! for you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help! They are trying to stop my benefits   help! They are trying to stop my benefits I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help! They are trying to stop my benefits

View previous topic View next topic Back to top