HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

medical alert bracelets?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thesummerone761
Thesummerone761

medical alert bracelets? Empty
PostSubject: medical alert bracelets?   medical alert bracelets? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 5:32 pm

I just got my vp-shunt and they gave me a little booklet to keep with me at all times with information. It doesn't fit in my wallet so I bought a passport holder for it, but I doubt it would be found if something happens to me. Do you think it would be wise to wear a medical alert bracelet or necklace? Do you wear one?
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

PostSubject: Re: medical alert bracelets?   medical alert bracelets? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 4:49 pm

I don't wear one but I probably should.  I don't have a shunt but I have other issues besides the IIH that probably should be on a bracelet.  I had to think about it for a day but I think you are right.  you don't hear much about people passing out from their IIH, but it does happen sometimes.  and some of us develop seizures.  if you passed out because your shunt was malfunctioning or infected, then it would be important for the docs to know to investigate that if you were still unconscious.  I don't think it's as critical as, say, someone with diabetes, but it's reasonable.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: medical alert bracelets?   medical alert bracelets? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 3:28 pm

I've thought about it, but I haven't gotten one either. I do have a VP shunt, but the little trifold they gave me fits behind my license. I would think that you'd need one with the informational chip, but I'm not sure how expensive they are. Just so many variables with IIH and shunts that you'd want to make sure they had all pertinent info. My Dad has one for diabetes and it just says "diabetic"..that really wouldn't cover our needs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: medical alert bracelets?   medical alert bracelets? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

medical alert bracelets?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top