HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Desi - Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DRansom16
DRansom16

Desi - Update Empty
PostSubject: Desi - Update   Desi - Update I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:48 am

I was doing loads better until recently. I have lost my side vision on my right side.  However, my headaches are getting better.  They upped my lasix from 20 to 40 and I have a spinal tap scheduled for the 24th with x-ray.  I've really been struggling.  I even had to go to a mental health place 👅 for depression in August.  Things seem to be going from bad to worse.  The dr. said that if they don't see an improvement with the spinal pressure from the spinal tap, we will have to discuss shunt surgery.  This scares me to death.  I just went back to work today after being out since Aug. 21 for my depression treatment.  If anyone could help encourage me, that would be amazing.  I'm having a really rough time all around right now. 😢
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Desi - Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desi - Update   Desi - Update I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:04 pm

I am so sorry that you're having such a rough time, especially when you were doing so well. I can't tell you how many times a shunt was mentioned whenever my headaches returned and my vision suffered, but then they would up my Diamox and do an LP and it wouldn't be mentioned again, because everything settled down.

I know the mention of a shunt is enough to cause anxiety, it's a big thing. A shunt is a last resort when they've tried everything and it hasn't worked, so please don't be too despondent just yet, as the upped medication might be all that was needed. Let them give that a try first and fingers crossed it does the trick.

We are ALL here for you, you aren't alone and we will do our very best to help you through whatever your doctor decides. hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
DRansom16
DRansom16

Desi - Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desi - Update   Desi - Update I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Thank you so much for the encouraging me.  It's a struggle. I'm just hoping for some kind of relief.  Whether it be meds or a shunt.  At this point, I really don't care as long as it saves my vision.  I'm an artist and I kind of need that! LoL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Desi - Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desi - Update   Desi - Update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desi - Update

View previous topic View next topic Back to top