HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

A wee update.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mcleod80
mcleod80

A wee update..... Empty
PostSubject: A wee update.....   A wee update..... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:42 am

Hello everyone!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's been a while sine I last visited the site, so much has been going on but you've all been in my thoughts.
A quick update with what's going on as last time I posted I was waiting to see my Neurologist.......
My pressure is up again, optic discs swollen, blurred vision...yada yada.
Neurologist doubled my dose of diamox so I'm now on 500mg x2 daily....yuk.
I'm scheduled in to have ANOTHER lumber puncture next week (6th Nov) to give some immediate relief, this will be my 3rd LP since end of July....woo hoo.
Neurologist said if the pressure goes back up after this LP, which I'm sure it will, then he's going to put me on the list for shunt surgery....eek.
Apparently he doesn't want to leave me too long as I can't take Topamax due to other health issues so a shunt is the only other place option we have. My eyesight has been damaged already and since I'm "young".....kisses to the doc....and I want to have another baby then we're not going to mess around. Love this Guy!
In other news, the b******s at work are sending me to see an Occupational Health Dr on 13th Nov. There appears to be some dispute as to whether I'm currently fit for work. REALLY???? This appt is a week to the day after my THIRD LP!! *deep breath*
I assume this Dr will know more about IIH than my Neurologist and will thus be able to decide if I'm fit to work. NOT!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hope everyone is bearing up. xxx
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

A wee update..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A wee update.....   A wee update..... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 4:22 pm

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear they're doing things to relieve your symptoms and making a plan for the "what if's". Sorry to hear your employer isn't. With all that I've endured w/ IIH and other health stuff, employers have been my biggest issue. Maybe you'll be feeling really well after LP and they'll find you fit for work..fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

A wee update..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A wee update.....   A wee update..... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Great update. Thanks for taking the time to drop in. Always good to hear from you.
Hope your lp this next week will give you long(er) relief!!
And good luck with the work situation. Boy, they just don't get it do they!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A wee update..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A wee update.....   A wee update..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A wee update.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top