HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

News after Surgery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
taragazzuolo
taragazzuolo

News after Surgery Empty
PostSubject: News after Surgery   News after Surgery I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:37 pm

I wanted to post an update. On the 4th I had a ventricularostmy. The results were not what I expected, even though my spinal tap was high, the entire time the ICP monitor was inserted my pressures remained normal (around 12). We decided against a shunt for the time being and since I am allergic to diamox there will be no treatment at this time. I did have another LP last Monday to rule out infection and my pressure was 39. I am so frustrated right now I could scream. I will be seeing the doctor later this week so maybe I will get some answers.

I am so grateful for a place to just vent with others who understand.

Thanks.

Tara thank you
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2
BananasMom

News after Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: News after Surgery   News after Surgery I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 12:05 am

*hugs* Hi Tara ... I can imagine how confusing and frustrating all of this must be for you. I really hope you are able to get some answers soon, sweetie. Stay strong!
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

News after Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: News after Surgery   News after Surgery I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:44 am

My doc did mention to me that sometimes it does happen, when you get two different readings, but I think it is more likely to be the opposite way, the lp is low and the brain reading is high. It should be very interesting to hear what your docs say.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

News after Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: News after Surgery   News after Surgery I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Tara, I'm so sorry..that is SOOOO frustrating!!! I know pressures can vary based on the day, but why does it always seem to be low when you're trying to convince someone you need help?! I hope they're offering a treatment now..let us know what the doctor says.

hug
Julie
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

News after Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: News after Surgery   News after Surgery I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:03 am

Oh Tara, what will you do now? Is there anyone willing to allow you to try something, maybe a different medication or something? I hope they won't all leave you hanging. How are you feeling?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

News after Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: News after Surgery   News after Surgery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News after Surgery

View previous topic View next topic Back to top