HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Another new problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DMajorly
DMajorly

Another new problem  Empty
PostSubject: Another new problem    Another new problem  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 12:45 am

Hey guys..... been on 1000 mg of diamox now for a few weeks.... no relief. ;( they now say I have trigeminal neuralgia..I'm like want next!?? Anyone else suffering with neuralgia? What helps you? Typing on my cell right now sorry if I am short or typos ;) I'm miserable they tell me to be patient but nothing's helping! !!
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

Another new problem  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another new problem    Another new problem  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Sorry to hear about the TN diagnosis. I have PHN (Post Herpetic Neuraliga) on my face, so I understand all too well what you are going through. I have found, through trial and error, working with an excellent head pain Neurologist, that Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Amitriptyline is the right combo for me. It seems that these meds also help (along with the Diamox and Furosemide) to keep my headache pain down.You may want to ask your neurologist about the neurontin.

Hope you are able to get your pain under control real soon. Hug3
Back to top Go down

Another new problem

View previous topic View next topic Back to top