HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Becky Diagnosed 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boxer601
Boxer601

Becky Diagnosed 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Becky Diagnosed 2012   Becky Diagnosed 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:43 am

I was just diagnosed in April at Mayo clinic. I had had headaches,dizziness,numbness, tignling and vision problems for almost a year and a half. I was diagnosed with MS from 2 doctors, told i was crazy by another. I was on many different meds and even started copaxone shots for Ms. Now tht i am diagnosed with idiopathic intracranial hypertension i am hoping the meds i am on will get my life back to normal . Thanks for letting me join.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Becky Diagnosed 2012   Becky Diagnosed 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Hello and a very warm welcome to the group.It's all going to take time and we will be bith you every step of the way. We have lots of helpful information and booklets, if you have any questions or even just need to have a rant we have the Group Huddle. All our members are very helpful and supportive too.

Hope you enjoy being part of the group, and we are so glad you found us.

Heidi for you
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Becky Diagnosed 2012   Becky Diagnosed 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Welcome Becky! I hope you'll find some relief now that you've hopefully been given the correct diagnosis. Finding the correct treatment can also take some time, so try to hang in there. Like Heidi said, we'll be here if you have any questions, concerns, or just need a good rant..whatever we can do to help you through the process.

Take care,
Julie
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2
BananasMom

PostSubject: Re: Becky Diagnosed 2012   Becky Diagnosed 2012 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi Becky! Very Happy Welcome to the group. I'm glad you have found us, and I know that you'll find lots of support and great information here.

I'm sure it is a relief to finally have a proper diagnosis and be able to get on with your treatment. Did your doctor put you on Diamox? How is it going for you so far?

*hugs* Looking forward to getting to know you.
Back to top Go down
Boxer601
Boxer601

PostSubject: Re: Becky Diagnosed 2012   Becky Diagnosed 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Had to go on Lasix i can't take the Diamox due to kidney disease and stones. Keeping an eye on me also on potassium
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Becky Diagnosed 2012   Becky Diagnosed 2012 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Yeah, these medications can wash the potassium right out of your system..glad they're keeping an eye on all of it! You can get more info regarding meds & side effects in the 'Medication Mumbles' section under the first post 'IIH and Medications'. I think there are also other posts regading Lasix, so you might find it helpful. I hope the change brings you some relief!

Take care,
Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Becky Diagnosed 2012   Becky Diagnosed 2012 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Becky Diagnosed 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top