HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

don't want to get too excited but ........

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gemhod
gemhod

don't want to get too excited but ........ Empty
PostSubject: don't want to get too excited but ........   don't want to get too excited but ........ I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:44 pm

finally woohoo after waiting since september the letter came today doctor

cheer

Going to Kings on Wednesday to have my 3rd LP shunt changed

so can you all keep you fingers crossed that they have :ill for me please

congrats
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: don't want to get too excited but ........   don't want to get too excited but ........ I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Congratulations! I just had a valve/catheter replacement a few weeks ago (after waiting three years, so I know how you feel) & it has been awesome! I know you haven't had much luck with your shunts, so I hope this one works out well for you. They provided me with a preparing for surgery cd, which really seemed to help. It's a guided imagery technique they're using in the states & has seemed to have good results..you might want to look into it because this was by far the best surgery & recovery ever!

Good luck, & do keep us posted!
Julie
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: don't want to get too excited but ........   don't want to get too excited but ........ I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:59 pm

That's fantastic news hug I will definitely be having my don't want to get too excited but ........ 364484 for you.

Heidi don't want to get too excited but ........ 596578
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: don't want to get too excited but ........   don't want to get too excited but ........ I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:58 am

:well done Oh Happy Day!! I wish you the best possible outcome with quick recovery and healing. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you. I, too, will be fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
gemhod
gemhod

PostSubject: Re: don't want to get too excited but ........   don't want to get too excited but ........ I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Got back form hospital a few hours ago and thought I should update you all .......................

Operation done ...... turned out that it was not my valve but my pipe had got all tangled and kinked in several places :shock: somehow, so it has be resorted and reput back in.

I now have a very sore side/tummy ( they went in through original scar ...i have have 15 staples, sad i know for counting when they redid my dressing!!)

I was only in hospital for 2 nights and got let out for good behaviour. lol2 glad to be home now. feeling good headache seems to have gone currently so hopefully has worked fingers crossed

will see how it goes over the next week or so as I take less pain meds. will keep everyone updated xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: don't want to get too excited but ........   don't want to get too excited but ........ I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:12 pm

That's great news! I'll keep my finger's crossed for a speedy & effective recovery.
Take care,
Julie
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2
BananasMom

PostSubject: Re: don't want to get too excited but ........   don't want to get too excited but ........ I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Thank you for checking in with us! Smile Glad to hear you are doing well so far since your surgery. Wishing you a continued great recovery! *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: don't want to get too excited but ........   don't want to get too excited but ........ I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:46 pm

So glad you're home and that your shunt was sorted out. I know when they go in the same scar it is rather sensitive for a little bit longer. Hopefully you wont have anymore problems and you'll have a great recovery. hug

don't want to get too excited but ........ 249284
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: don't want to get too excited but ........   don't want to get too excited but ........ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

don't want to get too excited but ........

View previous topic View next topic Back to top