HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Pain behind both eyes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amberly
Amberly

Pain behind both eyes Empty
PostSubject: Pain behind both eyes   Pain behind both eyes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 6:31 pm

The day after I had my spinal tap done it hurts behind both of my eyes. Mainly after I have read something or trying to look around alot.This then makes my head hurt a little. My visiual problems are the same but this pain is new. My mom keeps saying maybe it is because so much of that fluid is gone now your eyes are sore. Could she be right? I go back to my eye doc tomorrow to see if any of the swelling behind my eyes are gone.Have any of you had this problem? Will it stop?
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Pain behind both eyes   Pain behind both eyes I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Amberley do you have any other symptoms besides the pain behind your eyes? For instance do you notice a difference when lying down and do you have headache? IT could be that you may be suffering from low pressure and the symptoms can appear a day or two after a spinal tap. Have you noticed if you have any of these; intense headaches when you stand or sit up, neck pain and vomiting. IF you notice you are having any of these then it could be a low pressure headache brought on by the spinal tap.

Try to stay laid flat, plenty of fluid, caffeine and some painkillers. Coke is a good way of getting lots of caffeine too, or you can get some caffeine tablets from a herbalist for example. If it gets worse your Doctor can arrange for you to perhaps have a blood patch.

As you're seeing your eye doctor tomorrow you can ask him about it too, and see if he thinks it could be due to low pressure. Keep us posted on how you get on please Amberley. hug

Heidi
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Amberly
Amberly

PostSubject: Re: Pain behind both eyes   Pain behind both eyes I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:48 pm

It does not get better or worse with lying down. It only hurts when I have been reading or driving.I can't look back and forth real fast without it hurting. So, I still can't drive in heavy traffic. My eye doc did not know what to say really. He said it must have something to do with the swelling. I go back in two weeks to see if there is a change in the papilledema behind them. He mentioned that in the 40 years he has been doing this I am probably only the second person he has seen with this.I guess I will just wait and see if goes away.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Pain behind both eyes   Pain behind both eyes I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Amberly, I have been told that the aching behind my eyes and pain w/ movement can be from both low and high pressure or extreme changes in pressure, which would make sense in your case. I've also found that storms affect the level of discomfort, so keep that in mind..increased barometric pressure has definite affect on may of us. I think the important thing is to keep doctor's informed of any changes. You may find it improves once your spinal fluid builds back up. From what I understand everyone's comfort level is different so as long as it's not getting worse or affecting your vision, you may just want to give it some time..frustrating, but at least you know you're not alone!

I use eye pillows and a little bit of heat to reduce some of the discomfort, so you might try those things. Some people also find relief w/ cold packs..again, everyone's different. I hope you find some relief soon!!!

Take care,
Julie
Back to top Go down
AllyB22
AllyB22

PostSubject: Re: Pain behind both eyes   Pain behind both eyes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi There,

I have been experiencing pain behind my eyes as well. My opthamalogist didn't have too much to say about it either. I don't have an appointment with the neurologist until February.

The idea of using either hot or cold compresses might be a good idea. I think I will try that.
Back to top Go down
shez
shez

PostSubject: Re: Pain behind both eyes   Pain behind both eyes I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:03 pm

l have had 10 LPs, and everyone of them l have had pain behind my eyes..my eyes got better after about week or so, l put it down to the sudden drop in pressure. ; rested my eyes so they would recover ie no driving/reading or computer in readiness for the next lot :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pain behind both eyes   Pain behind both eyes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pain behind both eyes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top