HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

eyes hurting again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
uffdamom
uffdamom

eyes hurting again Empty
PostSubject: eyes hurting again   eyes hurting again I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:48 am

After I got the blood patch and got over the spinal headache, I really felt a lot better for a while. Didn't have any headaches, eye pain or nausea. The last couple of days I really have felt rotten. When my eyes hurt I am so nauseous. I wish I had some direction from one of the doctors on what is normal and what is something I need to call them about or come in to the clinic for.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

eyes hurting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes hurting again   eyes hurting again I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:26 pm

I know many of us have low pressure headaches after an S. T, and it can take up to a week or so before things settle down. Keep a record of how you're feeling and if your eyes continue to be the same, and if headaches reappear get in touch with your doctor, the record you kept of this will give him a fuller picture. In the meantime, try putting a cold cloth over your eyes and laying down, this has helped for me when my eyes hurt to the point they make me feel nauseous. Let us know how you get on. I hope this helps you (hugs). Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Charlie
Charlie

eyes hurting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes hurting again   eyes hurting again I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:43 pm

Do you have a doctor who you can call on the phone to just let them know how you are feeling and you can ask if this is ok to be feeling this way?

If I was you I'd just sit and rest to see if it eases. I have this habbit of worrying and making things worse by just worrying!

Let us know how you are now please if you can?
Back to top Go down
uffdamom
uffdamom

eyes hurting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes hurting again   eyes hurting again I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:18 am

I really haven't gotten any instruction about my eyes except that an emergency would be loss of vision. I have not had any changes on my visual field tests so my ophthalmologist is not having me come back for 6 months now. Really? What is that toothache like pain in my eyeball? Still have the same amount of papilledema. Have lost nearly 40# with worsening eye pain and worsening headaches. Started topamax at the beginning of July with some relief of headaches. Did just have the 3rd worst headache of my life yesterday. Was only on the right half of my head. Today I feel like the right side of my face and neck have novocaine that is starting to wear off and my right eyelid is slightly droopy. I'm going to call the nurse line for my neuro today so that he can be updated on Monday. Am seriously considering going to Mayo in Rochester in November.
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Charlie

eyes hurting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes hurting again   eyes hurting again I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:36 pm

I get the impression you are worrying about possible stroke? Am I right? If this is the case I would go straight to the nearest casulty department or as those accross the pond call it ER? Its has to better to be safe than sorry right?

I am not in anyway a trained medical person. I am a wife / mother who has IH and a Chiari Malformation (among a few other minor medical complications!) I can't give medical advice but I can tell you what I would do if I had the same symptoms as you have described.

(hug) I guess you are obviously concerned and worried and probably scared. But try to be sensible and do what is right and what you feel deep down you should do. Do you have the support of friends or family near you? Perhaps it would help if someone was with you so you could talk and then if you need to seek medical help someone is 'there' to hold your hand?

Please stay in touch, even if its just to let us know how things go? (Hug)
Back to top Go down
uffdamom
uffdamom

eyes hurting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes hurting again   eyes hurting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:25 am

Wasn't really thinking a stroke. Was thinking more about how IH can cause problems with the cranial nerves, I think. No change in the numb feeling. I can close my eyes and my smile isn't crooked so I'm not worried about bell's palsy or a stroke. this happened to me about 12 yrs ago with the massive 1/2 a head headache and then numbness. they put me through a possible multiple sclerosis diagnosis then but i don't have it. maybe i had IIH way back then and didn't have papilledema until this January.

i had been having the eye pain before my last ophtho appt and my last neuro appt so they both know about it - i am keeping a diary of sx - i did call the nurse line so she could get a message to my neuro but he hasn't called yet - hopefully that means the headache isn't anything to worry about

i'm going to keep taking the topamax b/c for the most part it has helped the headaches - and i'm still praying and asking for prayers
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Charlie

eyes hurting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes hurting again   eyes hurting again I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:00 pm

(Hug)

Sounds ike you have done every thing I would have done with calling a nurse and keeping a diary.

Please Keep me updated though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

eyes hurting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: eyes hurting again   eyes hurting again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

eyes hurting again

View previous topic View next topic Back to top