HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Jennifer - IIH while pregnant - diagnosed August 2008

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaiyan717
kaiyan717

Jennifer - IIH while pregnant - diagnosed August 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Jennifer - IIH while pregnant - diagnosed August 2008   Jennifer - IIH while pregnant - diagnosed August 2008 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:19 am

Hello, my name is Jennifer and I live in the U.S. I was diagnosed in 8-2008, 3 and a half months pregnant with my second child. After a couple weeks of the worst headache of my life, I was diagnosed with psuedo tumor cerebri. I was put on Diamox 3 times a day and have been on it ever since. The side effects are horrid, but I figure it is better than eye or brain surgery. I lost enough weight and tried to ween myself off the Diamox, but about a week later I had to go bacl on them when the pressure went back up. My son is now two and has shown no side effects, that alone I am more grateful for than anything else. I am constantly looking for new answers and ways to help relieve the headaches. I have found wrapping a scarf tightly around my head for 5-10 minutes helpful at times. Any tricks anyone have found useful/?
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Jennifer - IIH while pregnant - diagnosed August 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jennifer - IIH while pregnant - diagnosed August 2008   Jennifer - IIH while pregnant - diagnosed August 2008 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:29 pm

hi Jennifer and a very big welcome to the group. I like you started with IIH during my 4 month of pregnancy, and it just never went away, and was eventually linked to my hormones.

I've found that a cold wash cloth across my forehead and eyes works a treat and really soothes. I've always used that method when the headaches kick in and my eyes hurt, and it works really well. hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com

Jennifer - IIH while pregnant - diagnosed August 2008

View previous topic View next topic Back to top