HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

so shocked

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sammyjo
sammyjo

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:38 am

the op as you all know went really really well few complications while i was under but i was asleep so i dont know no different. But what shocks me is that the recovery wasn't too bad but now that the healing is well on the way the troubles have started, i cant poo with out extreme amount of laxatives and i have a bulge coming out of my tummy the size of tennis ball. i cant sit comfortable at all and i start back to work in like 2 weeks.

i feel like such a ungrateful spoon because the shunt has got rid of the head aches double vision and swooshy ears but given me different problems. i feel like such a bad person i should just be greatfull.
Back to top Go down
acerousme
acerousme

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:53 am

oh goodness that isnt good. I dont think you're ungrateful for wanting to ask questions about it. Those are serious complaints, and you should be seen by your doctor ASAP to make sure everything is alright and working smoothly!!

Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 6:29 pm

It sounds like you may have developed a cyst, which is sort of common. Contact your dos ASAP and be seen by the surgeon pronto. The tubing may need to be readjusted.

And I agree, don't feel like you should be grateful for what you got and settle for the rest. You go for it!! You deserve to be 100% better!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:48 am

thanks guys, i have an appointment in 2 days to see my nuro hopefully he can help x x thanks for making me not feel so ungrateful x x
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:52 am

wylee if it is a cyst dose that mean surgery x
Back to top Go down
Wylee
Wylee

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 3:01 am

Boy, I don't know the answer to that one. I suppose it depends on where it is and what it is made of. I would hope they could just asperate it (insert a needle and drain it). Not to worry, it seems that developing a cyst where the tube terminates is not uncommon. The docs know how to best treat it. The hardest part is the decision of what to do to keep it from coming back. They may have to open the tummy scar slightly and move the tube to a better location. Your surgeon will know. It just needs to be addressed soon, so it won't evolve into something bigger.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 11:43 pm

I agree..there are a lot of things that can happen after surgery, so glad you're meeting with doc soon! Take care of yourself and never feel guilty for wanting to be well.
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 12:36 am

i think i just feel so guilty because everyone on here is having agonising head aches and vision problems and i feel like tummy pain and a lump is nothing in comprasion.

i think aswell its because i have felt that pain that ur all going through had it for 10yrs and u guys r worse off than me right now and i dont wont any of you thinking that i am ungreatfull or that i dont understand or apricitae your pain and continued journey
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Sammy sweetie, we are all in the same boat, that's why we all understand one another. hug Those of us who have been shunted have had similar things happen after surgery, and it is just as worrying and important as those who haven't been shunted, and are still having headaches.
Hopefully it will all get sorted for you soon, it could mean surgery again, because a bulge like that can also indicate that the end of the tube has come loose. I had that happen 3 times after a shunt surgery.
Remember you are always important to us here , and you aren't ungrateful just worried and confused. hug
Heidi xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
sammyjo
sammyjo

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:55 pm

thanks heidi x x [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Sammy, I am worried about your psyche in that you are always feeling guilty for having any complaints. someone somewhere in your history really traumatized you and made you feel like you had to be perfect and never complain, maybe that you didn't deserve to be taken care of when you are sick. it seems beyond the usual of what we with IIH get hit with, when no one believes we are sick and they think we are just whiners. I hope now that you are feeling better in your head, maybe you can see a therapist and start to become empowered in who you are and what you deserve. I don't know the details but I know it sounds like you may have had a rough background/upbringing. you deserve to feel centered and loved and able to voice how you feel. you are always welcome to speak your truth here, so please don't feel like you need to be always apologizing for yourself. we accept you just as you are.
Deb
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 12:26 pm

deb u r spot on in that i was never looked after as a child i took care of my self lived in a hostel from 14 the only person who took care of me was me.... my nuro has canceled my appointment due to emergencys but has made an appointment for me with different doc today at 5;40 so hopefully can find out whats occurring would just be nice to sleep coz i sleep on my right side which is impossible with this huge lump x x

you should be a therapist deb honestly, u reallly r spot on .... appart from one point i used to have therapy when my mum kicked me out at 14 and to be honest i was really bad at it i cant talk to strangers but i do have this amazing woman kellly the best friend a girl could ever want she just sits thre and lets me vent and then she says and breath lol x x.... need to geth my tummy sorted cos i start back work in 2 weeks x
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 7:24 am

Dear Sammy;
I am so sorry about what happened with your mom. that is terribly traumatic. my story is nowhere near that bad, but my mother is....well probably mentally ill. but I know what it is like to need to be nurtured by a mother and that person just isn't there, or they are there but then are abusive right when you needed support. I am glad you have your friend Kelly and hopefully with time you can develop relationships that are supportive and feel like family. just be careful with men, but I think you know that....
Deb
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 4:27 pm

well saw the doc today my shunt has coiled appointment is being made to see surgeon next week all being well [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

just cant believe that i was stupid enough to think this was all over that i thought i was getting better what a joke x x x
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 8:41 am

so don't they just go in and uncoil it where it is messed up in your abdomen? they don't have to go re-do the whole thing do they? your head is feeling better, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:58 am

thats what i thought but apparently my optic neve is swelling which means the fluid is building again ..............i said but i feel better and he said that because when they do the op every bit of fluid comes out that it would take a while for me to feel the build up.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Sammy once they've sorted out the coiling, they may also drain off the excess fluid too. Hopefully you will feel the difference within a few days of them doing it. Try not to worry and keep positive. That happened to me a few times, but once they sorted it I was able to get back to normal quite quickly.
I've been shunted for 12 years now, and I can function as you can see, and I pace myself so that I can do bits of housework and things, without making myself too tired or headachey. You will be able to as well once your shunt is fixed and you reacclimatise to it. Get to know you're limits and pay attention to what your body tells you and you will be surprised at what you can do. Honest! hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
sammyjo
sammyjo

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:39 pm

i am hopeing that un coiling it will work i really do x
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm

I've had it done too! My catheter was coiled into a ball, so my pressure was off the charts and optic nerves were swollen. I felt the results immediately and it was a simple abdominal surgery..I hope the same for you. Good luck Sammy..keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:13 pm

do they just open ur stomach the same way they did for the original shunt x
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:15 am

I've had so many surgeries, I don't really remember. I just remember I only had abdominal incisions and it was a huge relief. It's definitely nothing compared to what you've already endured.
Back to top Go down
sammyjo
sammyjo

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 5:26 pm

brilliant thank you for the reassurance x x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

so shocked  Empty
PostSubject: Re: so shocked    so shocked  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

so shocked

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: Living with IIH ::   :: Group Huddle-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com