HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

unsuccessful lp - so confused

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bonbon
bonbon

unsuccessful lp - so confused Empty
PostSubject: unsuccessful lp - so confused   unsuccessful lp - so confused I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:56 am

Morning everyone,

I posted 10 days ago that I had a lp that was unsuccessful the doctor tired on numerous occasions to
drain fluid but said the needles were not long enough. Cut along story short I have emailed my neurologist
and explained the situation and said that the dr recommended that I have the procedure done under
fluoroscope or start meds to ease symptoms.

So once again its hurry up and wait - i hear nothing from the neuro so i phoned 3 times and no-one returns my calls,
yesterday I finally spoke to him secretary and she said oh Dr will be ringing you with some results. I said sorry what
results, nothing was drained or no pressure measured. She said he has results for you and will be ringing you.

Firstly - no fluid was drained or sent away for testing so what results can their be.

All you knowledgeable people out there please help - what results could there be?

Secondly - do you think he has me mixed up with another patient? Wouldn't surprise me.

Bonnie
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: unsuccessful lp - so confused   unsuccessful lp - so confused I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:14 pm

It sounds like you've been mixed up with another patient, especially as no fluid was taken. I would contact them again and make sure you provide them with your Name DOB and Hospital number so that they have the information they need to make sure they give YOU the right information back. Keep us updated. hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Wylee
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: unsuccessful lp - so confused   unsuccessful lp - so confused I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 am

I wonder if they used the wrong needle (maybe a pediatric size) to try the lp. And I highly recommend using the fluoroscope. Makes it so much easier when the doc can see, in real time, where the needle is going. I would even go so far as to insist on only doing a lp that way.

Do call the doctor's office back and ask to speak with the nurse. Perhaps that person will have access to your file and see that the lp was not done so that a new appointment can be set up.
Back to top Go down
bonbon
bonbon

PostSubject: Re: unsuccessful lp - so confused   unsuccessful lp - so confused I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:04 am

Hi everyone,

Just had a phone call from the neurologist and he has said that he read the notes about my
unsuccessful lp and his conclusion is not to put me through another on and he has decided
to put me on diamox 250mg twice a day to see if the symptoms are relieved.

Lets hope it helps

thanks everyone for the concern
Bonnie

Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: unsuccessful lp - so confused   unsuccessful lp - so confused I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Bonnie,

I'm glad to hear they're not forcing another LP on you. I know it's the only way to confirm IIH diagnosis, but you had to be completely miserable. Hopefully the Diamox will help and you'll be able to put off another LP until you've healed up a little bit. I agree w/ Linda and would insist on LP by fluroscopy at that point.

I hope you find relief soon..take care!!!
my fingers are cross
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unsuccessful lp - so confused   unsuccessful lp - so confused I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

unsuccessful lp - so confused

View previous topic View next topic Back to top