HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Switching brands of acetazolamide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Babby
Babby

Switching brands of acetazolamide Empty
PostSubject: Switching brands of acetazolamide   Switching brands of acetazolamide I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi, I picked up my acetazolamide yesterday, and they told me that 1/2 of script was from TAR, ( maker) and the other was a new maker. I had read way back when diagnosed, that you shouldn't switch makers, or to be very cautious when doing so, because the formulation might have significant differences. Anyone know if this is the case?

On a side note, Hello Heidi!! I've missed you!
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Switching brands of acetazolamide   Switching brands of acetazolamide I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:23 pm

I don't really know if it makes a difference having the maker changed, I know with several of my tablets, the brand name changes all the time, and I can't say I've ever noticed a difference. I think they basically all use the same ingredients and just brand it differently. Check out what's in your usual brand against the new one and see if there's a discrepancy in them, if not hopefully you shouldn't notice a difference, and if you're really not sure ask your pharmacist, they're usually more than helpful about stuff like this, and can put your mind at ease Smile

I've missed you too, email on the way ;)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Betsy
Betsy

PostSubject: Re: Switching brands of acetazolamide   Switching brands of acetazolamide I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 4:53 am

I just switched from Diamox Sequels (time released) to generic non-time release due to production problems making it so the pharmacy couldn't get the Diamox. Aside from two weeks of hell from cold turkey, no IH meds and so far another two and a half weeks getting the schedule down on the generic, I'm finally starting to feel better. I'm having significantly fewer side effects with the generic and that makes me wonder if the coatings they use to make the Sequels time-released caused some of my earlier side effects.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Switching brands of acetazolamide   Switching brands of acetazolamide I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi Betsy, I'm so glad you;'re starting to feel better, and that's a good point about the coating on the sequels, and it well worth seeing if there has been anything documernted on that. Keep us posted on how you get on. hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switching brands of acetazolamide   Switching brands of acetazolamide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top