HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Pins and needles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
missjean22
missjean22

Pins and needles Empty
PostSubject: Pins and needles   Pins and needles I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Pins and needles
Pins and needles with Diamox/Acetazolomide

Hello hope everyone is having a good day

I was wondering if anyone has suffers from pins and needles with topamax/topiramate

When i first got put on the i never suffered with the dreadful pins and needles them i got took off them then put back on them at 200mg per day (i was just on 50mg per day before) they started i have them constantly the drs don't seem to care about it and it is driving my mad as they are even keeping me up during the night . censored it is just in my toes and really really annoying :Angry:

does anyone know how i can stop it?

thanks
hope everyone is good thank you
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Pins and needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pins and needles   Pins and needles I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi Jean, Topamax does list tingling and cramp as side effects of taking it. Here's the link that will give you more information Topamax side effects, which I hope will give you some answers, and it advises you what to do if you have one or more side effects.

I've never been prescribed it, but I was on Diamox and that causes pins and needles and cramp, so I know how uncomfortable they are. Pins and needles 539880

Last edited by Heidi on Mon May 23, 2011 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
missjean22
missjean22

Pins and needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pins and needles   Pins and needles I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:07 pm

The side effects are quite funny really.

They can cause headaches :shock: No wonder im never free from headaches

:Angry:

also vision problems.

I really wonder who thinks which meds are for what disorder at times :roll:
Back to top Go down
geri
geri

Pins and needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pins and needles   Pins and needles I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Jean I wonder the same, why when they are trying to control or cure you do they prescribe drugs that give you side effects that are sometimes worse than the symptoms! Its a medical mystery to me.
Back to top Go down
FAYERAE1220
FAYERAE1220

Pins and needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pins and needles   Pins and needles I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:08 am

I was somewhat asymptomatic but now am on Diamox and I feel worse than before !!!
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1
Heidi

Pins and needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pins and needles   Pins and needles I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:47 pm

The symptoms can lessen in some cases Faye, but if you find the side effects are more than you can tolerate, have a word with your Neurologist when you go and see her, and maybe she can sort out something else for you, or help with the side effects.

Last edited by Heidi on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
kayleigh22
kayleigh22

Pins and needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pins and needles   Pins and needles I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:25 pm

heya yes the pins and needles are really irratating :( x
Back to top Go down
Babby
Babby

Pins and needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pins and needles   Pins and needles I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:18 pm

I find that when my hands and feet are either too hot, or too cold, that is when they hurt the worst.

I also find that keeping hydrated seems to help, as does eating or drinking foods with potassium in them. Orange juice, bananas, potatoes, etc.
Back to top Go down
nicho2ae
nicho2ae

Pins and needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pins and needles   Pins and needles I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:45 pm

I know you were talking about topamax but on diamox it is caused by a lack of potassium. My neurologist has me on a lot of potassium supliments. My bloodwork did not show that my potassium was low before but it also does not say that it is high now that I am on them.
It could not hurt to try. How are you mentally on topamax? It literally made me stupid. I had to come off it.
Best of luck!
Liz
Back to top Go down
socks_uk
socks_uk

Pins and needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pins and needles   Pins and needles I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:55 pm

I get pins & needles in my hands and feet. I don't mind them in my hands but I have to walk around when I get them in my feet.
One thing I will say is that I seem to get them just before the time I usually take my meds and it helps me to remember to take my tablet at lunch time when I'm usually quite busy at work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pins and needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pins and needles   Pins and needles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pins and needles

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: General Discussions ::   :: IIH and Medication-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com