HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mrwhipple

mrwhipple

Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH?   Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 am

As above, recently it has shown a lot of promise in reducing ICP. I was wondering if anyone has tried it?
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH?   Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 5:35 pm

I heard it was showing some promising results in animal testing last fall, but haven't seen anything from anyone that's tried it. I wonder if IHRF would have any information. You can find their contact information at [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I have upcoming appointments with my general practitioner and neuro-surgeon, so I'll also ask and let you know if I find anything.

Thanks for mentioning it!
Back to top Go down
mrwhipple

mrwhipple

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH?   Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 6:55 pm

There is a trial running here in the UK at the moment. It's showing promising results, ICP shows a reduction of 44% within 40mins of dosing.

For me that would put me close to where an LP puts me, which would be ideal. I'm going to chat with my consultant to see if I can be treated with it as Acetazolamide is prohibitive at the doses I need to take. If I have any news I'll keep people informed.
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH?   Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 4:09 am

Please do!
it's exciting that there may be a whole new class of medication to treat this.  so many do not tolerate Diamox etc.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2
medmisfit

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH?   Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2018 7:03 pm

So, I talked to my physician about it and it is a generic form of injectable meds for type II diabetes and very tolerable..Bydureon/Byetta. She didn't think it had been approved as treatment for IIH in the states yet, but I see my neuro-surgeon on Tuesday and will try to find out more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH?   Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried Exenatide to treat IIH?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ihaveiih.com :: General Information ::   :: Medication for IIH Treatment-
Jump to:  
DISCLAIMER This group is not managed by anyone in the medical profession, but by people who are either affected by, or are closely connected to IIH. Information provided on this site is meant to complement & not replace any advice or information from a health professional, users and members are reminded that medical professionals should always be consulted in all aspects of health needs.
Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
Top Disability Websites
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com