HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

New book on UPRIGHT MRI & CSF Flow Imaging Potential

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2
BananasMom

New book on UPRIGHT MRI & CSF Flow Imaging Potential Empty
PostSubject: New book on UPRIGHT MRI & CSF Flow Imaging Potential   New book on UPRIGHT MRI & CSF Flow Imaging Potential I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 11:19 am

This article is quite interesting - provides some hope that this technology might help reveal the source of the problem in some cases of IIH ...

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/1192372.htm
Back to top Go down
Sophiasmom
Admin2
Admin2
Sophiasmom

New book on UPRIGHT MRI & CSF Flow Imaging Potential Empty
PostSubject: Re: New book on UPRIGHT MRI & CSF Flow Imaging Potential   New book on UPRIGHT MRI & CSF Flow Imaging Potential I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 5:42 pm

this is fascinating.  thank you so much for posting it.
one step closer to non-invasive assessment of ICP, or at least an approximation of it.
I do suspect that this issue of neck anatomy in IIH may be more important than we realize.
I went into remission from mandibular advancement: changing the relationship of my jaw and neck anatomy.  13 years ago, I believe I went into remission from a thyroidectomy.  at the time we didn't know I had IIH, but I know in retrospect that I did at that time, and that the thyroidectomy eradicated my symptoms.  it seems to me to all be related to compression of the jugular veins.  this article points out just how fragile our necks are, how easily flow can be disrupted.  I know people who are very careful with neck position and find it makes a difference.  I have noticed a difference if I sleep with a cervical collar.  probably we should all be sleeping upright.  I just can't do it.....
Back to top Go down

New book on UPRIGHT MRI & CSF Flow Imaging Potential

View previous topic View next topic Back to top