HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Reprogram a shunt valve after having an MRI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wylee
Wylee

Reprogram a shunt valve after having an MRI Empty
PostSubject: Reprogram a shunt valve after having an MRI   Reprogram a shunt valve after having an MRI I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:59 am

Just a reminder, if you have a programmable shunt valve, even if it's a lp shunt, be certain to get the valve reprogrammed immediately after having an MRI done.  The magnets are strong enough, even on the newer MRI's to affect the dial of a programmable shunt valve.  I had an MRI of the brain today, in a new MRI (state of the art) and yet my lp shunt valve's setting had changed from the 90mm it was set at, to 50mm.  That could have resulted in miserable low pressure symptoms. 

Be sure to contact your neurosurgeon before having an MRI so that someone will be available to reset your programmable valve right after the MRI test.
Back to top Go down

Reprogram a shunt valve after having an MRI

View previous topic View next topic Back to top